Cana is a stealth mode startup changing the world through products that inspire a more thoughtful approach to everyday consumption.
About the role:
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will work with a small and focused cross-functional team, as the owner of all aspects of hardware development across the lifetime of a Cana product. You will drive mechanical design, prototyping, manufacturing, scaling, quality control and vendor management. You will be responsible for and have key input on prototype designs, sensor selection, architectural decisions, vendor identification, test plans, fabrication, safety requirements and material choices. You will ensure that the team delivers functional and reliable hardware solutions by:
- Managing functional and systems-level testing
- Designing subsystem tests for functionality and reliability
- Working with Product teams and Technicians
- Communicating with vendors and factories
- Strong understanding and proficiency with CAD software, preferably Solidworks
- Understanding of Drafting and GD&T
- Experience with a breadth of manufacturing methodologies (machining, molding, forming, etc.)
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping and trade-offs of time vs cost vs accuracy
- experience working with machine shops and fabrication houses
- experienced with integrating electro-mechanical assemblies within a cross functional team
- Mission Driven and eager to have a large impact on a small team
- Technical Chops: seeking generalists with a depth and breadth of expertise in many facets of hardware engineering.
- A solid track record for solving complex problems from first principles and delivering quality hardware solutions in high-ambiguity environments.
- Entrepreneurship - You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t ask for permission - you’re too busy making things happen.
- Team player - You know how to make those around you better and feed off their energy. You take care of your teammates.
- You have a BS or MS in mechanical engineering or a related field.