Cana is a stealth mode startup changing the world through products that inspire a more thoughtful approach to everyday consumption.
About the role:
Cana is looking for an Associate Scientist to help design and operate our sensory program for evaluating product formulations.
- Manage sensory testing to support product formulation at all stages of development (early R&D to final launch)
- Prepare samples and run all aspects of sensory testing including informal panels, blinded panels, expert panels and/or panels with external collaborators
- Develop and maintain a flavor lexicon for internal/external sensory benchmarking
- Provide input from sensory testing to guide product formulation and optimization
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 3-5 years of experience managing sensory testing, bonus points if it is in a start-up or small company environment
- Experience with a wide variety of sensory testing methodologies used in product development and consumer feedback (equivalence testing, descriptive testing, consumer focus groups, etc)
- Extensive familiarity with sensory sciences and understanding of taste panel data interpretation
- Understanding of the science and chemistry of flavor and how to match that to perception
- Experience doing sensory testing on wine or alcoholic beverages
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to roll your sleeves up and make things happen
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Sensory Sciences or related