Cana is a team of scientists, engineers and designers, building products to redefine the future of food. We hope to inspire a more thoughtful approach to everyday consumption by redesigning how the world’s most popular beverages are created and delivered. If you want to join a passionate team, working on challenging but highly-impactful problems for our planet, we would love to hear from you.
Cana aims to create a workplace where you feel valued and can do your best work. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech and hope you apply.
About the role:
As the Head of Beverage Strategy at Cana, you will own the definition and marketing of our catalog of beverages as well as overall go-to-market strategy, selecting the right locations and contexts within which to showcase our products. You will work closely with the Product, Engineering and Science teams to help guide Cana’s beverage catalog and provide crucial input into product requirements. In the near term, you will leverage your industry expertise and connections to help set Cana up for a successful product launch, showcasing the unique value of the Cana platform, generating interest and credibility for its catalog of beverages, and presenting a compelling value proposition that consumers, businesses, press and the beverage industry are excited about. And most importantly, as a leader in the organization, you will be a key contributor to the culture & growth of Cana.
- Prioritize the beverage creation roadmap for internal teams using a market acceptance and product marketing lens - bringing the voice of the beverage consumer into every stage of the product development process.
- Test and set the beverage catalog for launch, and maximize its impact at launch through the right presentation and early partnerships.
- Set retail launches up for success by owning how Cana goes to market and is presented to consumers
- Generate trust and acceptance for Cana’s beverages through storytelling and signing the right partnerships with tastemaker brands, chefs, sommeliers, influencers, etc.
- Refine Cana’s brand and product positioning to resonate with all stakeholders — consumers, bars/restaurants, regulators, alc/bev brands and distributors.
- Navigate the regulatory and industry considerations for Cana as a new offering in the market
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Strong strategy experience in crafting a multi-year roadmap in the food/beverage space
- 5+ years of experience in beverage creation and marketing, ideally having crafted a full beverage or food & bev program in a bar/restaurant
- Strong understanding of consumer behavior within bars and restaurants
- 5+ years of experience consulting for or operating locations with a liquor license, with a strong understanding of related customer, financial, operational and regulatory concerns
- 5-10 years of business development experience preferred
- Engineering/technology background and/or MBA preferred