Cana is a team of scientists, engineers and designers, building products to redefine the future of food. We hope to inspire a more thoughtful approach to everyday consumption by redesigning how the world’s most popular beverages are created and delivered. If you want to join a passionate team, working on challenging but highly-impactful problems for our planet, we would love to hear from you.
Cana aims to create a workplace where you feel valued and can do your best work. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech and hope you apply, even if one of roles below does not exactly fit you.
About the role:
You will be the first engineering project manager at Cana, helping a team of mechanical, electrical, firmware and software engineers develop our first generation hardware and software products. You will be responsible for driving schedule, helping to set priorities, facilitating Jira and sprint planning and making sure everyone is on the same page. You will be heavily involved with roadmap, organizational and budget planning. You will also help facilitate PRD, ERD and workflow discussions cross-functionally. You will be a leader in developing best practice processes across the engineering organization and as we grow, you will be involved with defining and growing the project management organization.
- Proven track record of managing complex hardware and/or Software product schedules and engineering builds down to the small details. This role will be managing both at first, and helping build a team as we grow
- Experience driving and delivering critical project features which involve integration with multiple cross functional teams
- Passion for and proven ability to quickly understand challenges that the technical team may face and help adjust the plan while minimizing schedule impact
- Ability to communicate aspects of the project and filter messaging based on the target audience
- Ability to create and execute plans in ambiguous settings
- Superior attention to detail - ability to manage complex build matrices and detailed build planning
- Ability to support international travel for build events Support system definition and drive closure to architecture and technical opens in the early stages of a project
- Grasp of complex technical topics and abstract key issues and risks in a actionable form to executive stakeholders
- Planning and execution of product prototype and manufacturing development builds.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- A proven track record of managing complex hardware product builds down to details, ability to drive resolution of technical build blockers with cross-functional teams, and be the primary interface to contract manufacturing partners for the program
- Experience with planning and executing product prototype builds, including materials planning and factory readiness, establishing daily build schedules and distribution plans for identified builds, supporting overall project plans for in-region and local builds
- Experience partnering closely with cross-functional teams to understand key design changes requiring validation to accurately integrate engineering validation needs into the system build matrix
- Experience providing clear executive-level updates on build progress in the form of build reports
- Experience driving development timelines for new boards and flexes and managing the internal review process and releases to vendors
- Experience acting as the primary point of contact for the program with our CM partners, providing clear direction on requests to the factory
- A deeply curious mindset about new ideas
- No fear about asking the hard questions
- Leadership skills and ability to inspire and lead cross-functional teams