Software Engineer-Fall CoOp (June 29th-December 18th)
Our engineering team is building the future of home and looking for dynamic, hardworking and talented students to join us in June for a 6 month co-op. As a Software Engineering co-op you will dive into a number of complex technical projects and gain a better understanding of our business. You will have the opportunity to work within one of the following groups:
- Storefront Web Engineering: Develops the features, web services, and data architecture that provide a world-class shopping engine for our millions of unique daily customers. The group works in small, cross-functional teams to rapidly develop, release, and iterate on new experiences built on a foundation of highly-scalable technologies and supporting tens of millions of products.
- Storefront Mobile App Engineering: Builds and maintains 7 different mobile applications, both iOS and Android, which are released to millions of customers every week. This team is responsible for all app related experiences including app-exclusive features such as 3D View In Room and push notifications.
- Supply Chain Engineering: Develops the complex, ground-breaking logistics system to help move the products Wayfair sells from suppliers to warehouses to customers. Supply Chain is responsible for the transportation, warehouse management, Castlegate, and customer delivery network and making it all possible.
- Ad Tech Systems and Customer Intelligence Engineering: Builds world class advertising & customer outreach technology to drive growth in a multi-billion dollar business using real-time tracking, personalization, and product recommendations to engage millions of new and returning customers.
- Enterprise Engineering: Builds and improves the software that directly impacts customers, customer service, sales, finance, talent management and external vendors. This team is responsible for all the tools and processes to support business critical operations at Wayfair, along with supporting the continued enhancement and scaling capabilities of these systems.
- Infrastructure and Platform Engineering: Responsible for the entire Wayfair website and all backend components that fuels and powers production. You can be an embedded engineer or a platform engineer. Embedded engineers work directly with engineering verticals to build and consult in building new initiatives. Platform engineers are subject matter experts and drive several initiatives.
- Catalog Systems Engineering: Wayfair sells millions of products and this team owns all the data, tools, and systems that create and manage the content on the site related to each product. We build tools for our thousands of suppliers to send us content we need to be able to sell their products on site. This team makes sure the customer has the information she needs to be confident when purchasing for her home. Within Catalog, there are also teams such as pricing & competitive intelligence engineering, merchandising & media engineering, and virtual media.
What You’ll Do:
- You will work on individual and group projects focused on the full project life-cycle
- You will collaborate with business leaders and key stakeholders to brainstorm on how to solve the challenge
- You will be exposed to a broad spectrum of technologies and programming languages
- We will help you improve your designs and jumpstart your learning
- You will have accessibility to engineering leadership who want to hear your ideas
- You will participate in events with co-ops across the business! Past events include a Red Sox game, trivia night, scavenger hunt, welcome dinner, networking with leadership, and more!
- You will receive professional development training to improve your soft and hard skills
What You’ll Need:
- You are currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelors degree program in Computer Science or related technical field and returning to a full-time degree program after completion of the internship.
- You have a proven track record of strong academic performance.
- You have experience with full stack and/or mobile development.
- You have knowledge and experience working with object oriented programming languages.
- You have an interest in working with big data and machine learning
- You enjoy autonomy and the opportunity to make a project or tool on your own
- You have strong communication skills
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.