Immersion Program (Remote) - January 6-10 2020
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Boston, Wayfair relies on complex data analysis across all facets of the organization, ranging from our world-class fulfillment network to our algorithmic customer recommendations. Wayfair is offering a unique opportunity for select and highly qualified PhD students who are pursuing full time opportunities in industry, following their academic degree, to participate in our week-long Data Science Immersion Program January 6th-10th.
Hosted remotely from our global headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts, our week-long program offers a deep-dive into the competitive and in-demand field of Data Science. Participants will engage with our in-house experts and hear first hand what a career in Data Science at Wayfair is really like. During the program you, as a participant, will be provided a data set from Wayfair and asked to pose your own question and answer it. At the end of the program you will then present your analysis and conclusions to the Data Science organization.
Week at a Glance:
Our program allows for insight into the day-to-day work you would encounter as a Data Scientist at Wayfair, as well as hands-on experience with real data sets. What you can expect:
- Leadership Talks – learn about our unique business model and various departments at Wayfair from senior leaders across the company
- Technical Deep Dives – explore Wayfair’s data challenges in-depth with current Data Scientists through virtual tech talks and project deep dives
- Project-based Learning – collaborate with peers and mentors to uncover deep insight hidden in our vast repository of raw data, leverage your findings to drive real value and influence business decisions, and present findings with your team
- Interview Opportunities– Following final presentations you will be considered for interview opportunities for 2020 Full Time and Internship opportunities
- Networking and Mentorship – meet, learn from, and build lasting connections with smart people who are excited about solving challenges in e-commerce with data
About our Data Science Team:
We have several main topic areas within Data Science at Wayfair. Each department plays a critical role in the company while operating with a high level of executive visibility. Each is focused on creating strategic solutions that steer customer behavior, influence key decision making and quantify our impact within the e-commerce space.
For more information about the data science team and the work we do, check out our tech blog at https://tech.wayfair.com/
Applicant Requirements: All applicants must be currently pursuing a PhD within Machine Learning, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or other major with a heavy quantitative concentration. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy solving challenging problems in a fast-paced environment. Upon application, individuals will be prompted with a programming challenge to asses their coding abilities. All applicants must be available for the entirety of the program.
Program Run Time: January 6-10, 2019
Final Presentations will be held between January 13 & 14