WayForward Program - Field Operations Executive Leadership Program
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for customers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more.
We are looking for imaginative, analytical, and adaptable people to join our home team. You’ll find a dynamic atmosphere where learning and growth opportunities are abundant, and hard work and results are rewarded. We’re a diverse community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Every voice, every perspective matters. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
At Wayfair, you can explore your potential outside of the classroom and take the lead on high-impact projects. You’ll find autonomy, mentorship, and development opportunities in an open and collaborative environment. If you’re looking for a challenging and fulfilling career, make yourself at home.
The WayForward Program is a ~2-year executive leadership program designed to propel your career as a leader and innovator at Wayfair. Through hands-on experience in our fulfillment centers across the US and Canada, you will have the opportunity to make critical impacts on our rapidly growing business right from the start. We believe global operations is the heart of E-Commerce and our fulfillment center operations define our long term competitive advantage. The WayForward program is strategically important for our success, as we view participants as the pipeline for future executive leadership.
Months 1-6: After your cohort orientation at our Boston headquarters, WayForward participants will then travel to a fulfillment center where you will be immersed in our global processes and best practices. You’ll spend the first 6 months as a Warehouse Supervisor, where you will gain invaluable insights into how our fulfillment centers operate. You’ll also oversee the productivity and quality of fulfillment center operations.
Months 6-24: Participants will then progress into critical strategy focused roles as Operations Managers and Senior Operations Managers, where you will drive continuous improvement and lead large teams. You will have opportunities to take on assignments in several locations, including our Boston headquarters, and work alongside Supply Chain leadership.
Throughout the program, you will receive regular training and executive exposure through a formalized mentorship program, which will position you as a future leader of our organization. After the program, participants will remain in senior leadership positions at our fulfillment centers or at corporate headquarters depending on your preferences and business needs.
What You'll Do
- Develop robust, trusting relationships with key stakeholders and senior leadership, and identify opportunities to improve fulfillment center operations.
- Command a strong senior presence, lead and build a team of high performing operations managers & operations supervisors.
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with effective communication and thorough follow through.
- Oversee the overall safety, employee engagement, collaboration, quality, performance and customer experience of the fulfillment center operations.
- Contribute to the development of new tools, processes and technology which make our teams more efficient and effective.
- Receive hands on experience at our global fulfillment centers while sharpening your management skill set.
What You’ll Need
- 2nd year MBAs should have a strong track record of success with progression in level of responsibility and scope; experience with complex operational, process, and performance improvement projects (lean or six sigma experience highly valued) including process mapping and process redesign.
- Executive presence with the ability to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of partners and functions from CEO to associate to deliver against complex initiatives complete on-time, on-budget, and over target.
- Demonstrated leadership in building a culture of Continuous Improvement for process and operations.
- Analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret data to further develop, recommend and implement innovative solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions and synthesize multiple points of view into a streamlined action plan.
- City of Industry, CA (Closest Major City: Los Angeles, CA)
- Perris, CA (Closest Major Cities: Los Angeles, CA and San Diego, CA)
- Cranbury, NJ (Closest Major City: New York City, NY)
- Linden, NJ (Closest Major City: New York City, NY)
- Hebron, KY/Erlanger, KY (Closest Major City: Cincinnati, OH)
Who We Are (Company)
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Wayfair generated $8.0 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2019. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 14,500 people. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair - Everything home for every budget.
- Joss & Main - Stylish designs to discover daily.
- AllModern - The best of modern, priced for real life.
- Birch Lane - Classic home. Comfortable cost.
- Perigold - The widest-ever selection of luxury home furnishings.