Chewy is seeking tech minded individuals to join our revolutionary Software Engineering technology team in Boston, MA. This is a high-profile position that sits within our back-end technology team and will have exposure to the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of designs and features for Chewy's core e-commerce platform. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth at the leading online pet retailer in the US.
What you'll do:
In this role, you will have a significant impact on the business. You will also be working in functions that consist of customer, order, and catalog management; as well as pricing tools, search, personalization, and operational analytics. Working with other technology teams, you’ll design and build interfaces that integrate vendor, supply chain, fulfillment, and financial systems. You’ll write simple and sustainable code that reflects a deep understanding of the business and contributes meaningfully to the success of your team. An understanding of SQL and a proficiency in statically typed, general purpose, programming languages such as Java, Scala, or Kotlin will set you up for success within our back-end Software teams.
What you'll need:
- Current enrollment in a BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related area and graduating no later than May 2020
- Experience in Java, SQL, Scala, Kotlin, C#, Swift, Objective-C, GO
- Knowledge of professional Software Engineering practices for the full development lifecycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Experience in multiple programming paradigms
- Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum, XP or etc.)
- Position may require travel
Who We Are:
As one of the fastest growing e-commerce retailers of all time, Chewy is revolutionizing the pet industry. We offer a convenient way to shop for pet supplies within a highly personalized experience that's fueled by superior customer care. Chewy's environment is dynamic and faster than anything you've ever experienced and built for leaders who thrive on delivering results. We believe in leadership, accountability, relentlessness, and creativity. We work hard with a dogged determination, but we have fun, too—that's not hard to do when we have our favorite four-legged friends by our side!
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact HR@Chewy.com.