Date posted: 9/17/21 and will remain on our website until filled
Time to complete application: 15-20 minutes
How to apply: https://campminder.com/culture/
Ideal start timeline: October or November 2021 (flexible)
Compensation: Our target hiring range is $105-120k plus eligibility for bonus. Actual compensation will be commensurate with experience and skills.
Location: Colorado-based candidates preferred but willing to consider fully remote candidates out-of-state. Our local employees choose when and how often they want to work from the office. We encourage onsite days for company and department gatherings.
At CampMinder, we build web and mobile enterprise SaaS products that help summer camps streamline their business operations. As a member of our engineering team, your mission will be to join one of our agile teams to help expand our features and capabilities for clients. Your depth of experience and ability to solve complex problems will enable us to deliver the next evolution of products and services.
Who You’ll Work With:
Our growing Engineering Department consists of over a dozen software engineers as well as members working on QA, devops, and site reliability engineering. We are proud that our Product and Engineering teams are currently averaging 5.5 years tenure with CampMinder. These folks will tell you their work is fulfilling because of the variety of interesting challenges they get to solve and the meaningful impact their solutions have on our camp clients. We solve complex challenges everyday, connect with and learn from great people, and navigate the journey with our core values as our guide.
Check out our website to learn more about our award-winning culture and the products we build together: www.campminder.com
About the Role:
You could be a great fit for our team if you:
- Want to work with an engineering team that is casual, smart, efficient, and supportive
- Are motivated by solving challenging problems
- Value a company that treats you like a stakeholder, and expects you to contribute like one
- Are comfortable challenging the status quo and looking for ways to improve things
- Share your opinions and also consider the opinion of others’ thoughtfully
- Align personally and professionally with our six Core Values: Own It, Wonder, Put Team First, Wonder, Be Admirable, Find A Better Way
- Always consider what is best for the team, the company, and the customers
- Display both confidence and humility
- Value agile methodologies and pair programming
- Willing to occasionally be on call to support issues in production
- Identify as a Software Engineer or a Technologist that learns and uses the right tool for each job instead of aligning with “[some technology] developer”
We think a successful candidate will bring:
- Experience both using and developing APIs
- Familiarity with database technologies including SQL
In addition, we’d love to hire someone who brings experience with:
- React, GoLang, and RabbitMQ
- Distributed systems
- Open Source packages
- Message Brokers / Messaging
- Asynchronous communication
- Containerization and container orchestration
- Test Driven Development, Test Automation, Unit Testing Frameworks
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Pair programming
A few of the benefits we’re proud to offer:
- Wide selection of medical, dental, and vision coverage options (the company's contribution covers 100% of at least one option for each)
- A variety of resources to support mental health and emotional well-being
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all new parents, including via surrogacy and foster care
- 401(k) with 4% company matching, vested immediately
- Trust-Based (flexible) PTO (and yes, we use it!)
- Monthly wellness allowance
Our hybrid office:
Our employees have the option to work mostly remote, a mix of home and office, or mostly at the office. CampMinder supports your workstation set-up depending on your preference. Employees that choose to work on-site are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. We host a handful of memorable events throughout the year to build meaningful relationships with colleagues as well as a regular cadence of all-company meetings to stay connected. We require anybody working from home to have a very reliable, high-speed internet connection.
We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all, including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and members of the LGBTQ+ community. We welcome and encourage applications from people with these identities or members of other marginalized groups.
Research shows that women and people of color tend not to apply to jobs unless they believe they are 100% qualified and apply to fewer senior-level positions. With that in mind, we encourage you to apply if you're not sure whether you meet our qualifications. We'd love to have the opportunity to consider you!