Help us create a better future.
Are you ready to make a meaningful impact in the world? At CampMinder, we enable life-changing experiences for children and young adults. Our work empowers camp professionals to help shape kids into the kinds of adults you want on your team – and that we have on ours.
At CampMinder, you’ll join a company recognized for the last two years by Outside Magazine as one of America’s Best Places to Work. You’ll work closely with other talented engineers, designers, product managers, and more. We’re looking for curious, collaborative teammates who are eager to teach what they already know and jump at the opportunity to learn new things.
We’ve been designing meaningful solutions for camps since 2001. Now we’re looking for experienced back-end engineers to join our Boulder-based team to help us move towards a new microservices-based architecture. That's where you come in. You’ll use your skills to help us modernize our platform, making it easier for summer camp operators to create great experiences for kids and their families.
Leveraging our deep experience in web-based application development, we’re building a new platform with Go microservices and containerization using Docker and Kubernetes. This new engine will work in tandem with our existing back-end (built in .Net, C# and MSSQL) and will interface with our new and exciting mobile and web UIs, built in ReactJS and React Native.
What You Bring:
- Professional experience creating and maintaining the back-end function of a complex, large-scale software product
- Experience implementing a containerized microservices-based architecture
- Mastery of back-end technologies, designing and building REST APIs and microservices, and both synchronous and asynchronous communication of distributed systems
- A passion for solving complex problems
- A desire to learn and use the right tool for each job (i.e. you’re not tied to a professional identity as a “[some technology] developer.” You identify as a software engineer or a technologist.
Ideally, you also have experience with one or more of the following:
- Hands-on experience using Go, Docker, and Kubernetes to implement a containerized microservices-based architecture, especially migrating from a monolithic code base
- Experience with front-end development tools or technologies, especially React and React Native
- Experience with messaging, especially Rabbit MQ
- Experience with logging tools, especially ELK stack
- Experience with cloud platforms including Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud
- Experience with automated testing, continuous integration, and delivery and deployment tools
- Experience with and enthusiasm for Agile development methodologies and pair programming
More About Us
CampMinder’s culture is guided by a strong sense of purpose and rooted in our core values. We place a high priority on employee engagement and were recently named among the fifty best places to work in the country.
Our engineers value brainstorming and solving problems as teams, rather than individually. We don’t always agree on everything, but we resolve our differences respectfully. We break our work down in small portions and fully embrace Agile methodologies like pair programming.
CampMinder is already being used by the leading summer camps and is driving massive, measurable value that enables them to create positive experiences for over 500,000 campers and families...and we’re just getting started! Come help us create a better future.
Relocation will be considered for exceptionally qualified candidates.