About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that helps answer the question, "What should we do today?" through a unique combination of retail, media, and entertainment. Launched in 2018, CAMP operates eight retail locations in Atlanta, Chicago, California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York and Texas and serves families everywhere via its digital platforms.
What is the Role?
We are looking for Seasonal Experience Support, Part-Time to join our CAMP team. The role will begin ASAP and take you from the week of October 22nd 2023 ending January 21st 2024. At CAMP we expect all employees to be a team player by demonstrating a high degree of integrity and by contributing to a positive environment that is fun, professional, productive and team oriented. Employees are required to contribute to maintaining all brand and operating standards consistently, while ensuring a high level of customer service through extensive product knowledge and product ownership. The Seasonal Experience Support is an integral part of the retail environment and is responsible for:
- Welcoming our guests that walk into the store with a custom greeting and positive attitude
- Playing with and engaging with families as they journey through CAMP
- Demoing and playing with products
- Performing store opening and closing checklist processes
- Assisting with back of house processes and procedures as needed as well as product replenishment on the sales floor
- Accurately processing POS transactions and capturing of customer information
- Assisting whenever necessary in the canteen or experience by providing floor coverage in times of need and ensuring customer service standards are exceeded
- Adhering to all policies and procedures with a focus on loss prevention, operational excellence and customer engagement
- Start of shift and end of shift check ins with leadership daily
- Following CAMP gift wrapping guidelines
- Comfortable partnering with your store leadership team if there are any issues and/or communicate any recommendations
- Ability to assist and upsell to customers while using the C.A.M.P method
- Assist with cleaning and maintaining canteen, party rooms, restrooms, experience etc. to ensure we are creating a safe and clean environment for each other as well as our customers
- Additional responsibilities as needed
What will you do at CAMP?
- Ability to work at least one weekend day/week, but ideally both!
- Ability to work during the busy holiday season. All hands on deck here!
- Ability to work between 10- 15 hours per week (could flex up to 20 hours per week based on business needs and your availability)
- Prior work experience in any of the following areas: retail, child care, child development/ education, performing arts, improv
- Experience in retail is a plus, not a requirement
- Must possess and consistently exhibit the competencies relative to the position
- Some basic computer skills required
- Detail oriented, strong organization and follow up skills
- Ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and ability to work well independently as well as within a team atmosphere
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift items weighing up to 50lbs
- Demonstrates a positive attitude that contributes to a positive team environment
- Team oriented but also self-driven with entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with team members along with willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance
- Willingness to have a positive partnership with the labs team as well as other store teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Patience, warmth, agility, joy, and humor
- Bonus but not required: you may have hidden talents that can add magical moments to our retail experience
- You are authorized to work lawfully in the United States
What are the physical demands?
- Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights (may be climbing up and down a ladder)
- Exposure to outdoor elements such as sun, precipitation, and wind
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry and walk about the store
- Ability to safely operate manual and electrical equipment from time to time
- Able to be on your feet for up to 8 hours per shift and to continuously move around all areas of the store
- Kneeling and squatting from time to time when engaging children or stocking / restocking shelves
What you’ll love about us:
We are committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- We empower diverse voices because it is the only way to bring the best experiences to all the families that we aim to serve
- We are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace culture that welcomes all perspectives, change, and open conversations
- We build social equity by providing our team with access, education, and career growth
- We highlight products, vendors, and our team that represents our customers' beautiful spectrum of diversity
We provide our team with best:
- Accrual based PTO policy (2 hours for every 30 worked-up to 80 hours a year)
- Additional floating PTO day allowing you to rest, celebrate, recharge on a day that is most impactful to you
- Employee Assistance Program: offers support around Education, Legal and Financial Planning, Career Development, Lifestyle and Fitness Management, Mental Health and Dependent Care
- 20% off fertility and family planning services
- 20% off all merchandise at CAMP stores and CAMP.com
- 1.5 pay on the following holidays: Independence Day, Labor Day, New Years Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth
Interested in joining the team?
In lieu of a resume or cover letter we are seeking to learn a bit more about why you are interested and suited for this role through 3 questions. No need to spend tons of time here just trying to learn a bit more about you. The next step would be an interview with our team.