About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that helps answer the question “What should we do today?” through a unique combination of Retail & Media. Launched in December of 2018, CAMP operates nine retail locations in New York, Texas, Connecticut, Massachusetts, California, and New Jersey, and serves families everywhere via its digital platforms.
CAMP will open stores in other major markets in the coming months.
What is the role?
CAMP is looking for a Director of Engineering to join our small distributed team. You will report to CAMP’s CTO.
What will you do at CAMP?
- Building, delivering, managing, and maintaining CAMP’s internal and customer facing applications and infrastructure such as:
- Core revenue drivers such as the CAMP website, reservation and activity system and commerce front-end. Creative commerce R&D projects. High-visibility partner projects and microsites / applications
- Our internal React SPA and Shopify POS app which are used by hundreds of employees across the country to manage the customer experience in our stores and online
- Our reporting systems and data-pipelines which are leveraged across the entire company to monitor operations and inform business decisions
- Building, growing, and managing a high performing team of distributed developers from around the world
- Designing and managing the implementation of code-review processes and development workflows needed to deliver quality experiences to our customers and staff
- This role is a hybrid of small-team management and individual contributorship. You should love to write code across the stack and across various frameworks and platforms!
What will you bring to CAMP?
- Extensive experience building and deploying software from design to deployment to scale
- Experience organizing, managing and scaling engineering teams
- A passion for writing elegant code
- Deep knowledge of AWS, Heroku, Ruby on Rails, React, React Native, GraphQL
- Experience with NetSuite, Looker, Shopify or Square
- A passion for experimentation, rapid product development and deployment
- A passion for delivering memorable experiences to customers
- A desire to be part of a tight knit team looking to transform the traditional retail experience
- Experience in fast paced startup environments
- Experience in retail or e-commerce
- Can work remotely in certain predetermined states, including New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, California, and Texas
- You are authorized to work lawfully in the United States
- If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid religious or medical reason (including pregnancy) not to be vaccinated
What technologies will you use at CAMP?
- React, TypeScript, Apollo GraphQL, Heroku, Aurora Postgres, Lambda, CloudFront, ERB/AlpineJS, Shopify, Looker, Amplitude, Segment, Fivetran, dbt, React Native, Google Optimize, Google Analytics, Klaviyo, et al.
What you’ll love about us:
We are committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- We empower diverse voices because it is the only way to bring the best experiences to all the families that we aim to serve
- We are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace culture that welcomes all perspectives, change, and open conversations
- We build social equity by providing our team with access, education, and career growth
- We highlight products, vendors, and our team that represents our customers' beautiful spectrum of diversity
We provide our team with best:
We offer a variety of options that are designed to fit the needs of you and your family.
- Flexible Paid Time Off to use for vacation, personal days, well-being, or an illness
- Stock Option grants in CAMP
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage including pharmacy benefits, virtual doctor visits, and more
- Parental leave that supports our team members and their families
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Mass Transit & Commuter Parking Programs
- Benefits Concierge: a team of dedicated and experienced employee benefits advocates who are ready to help you and your family with questions.
- Employee Assistance Program: offers support around Education, Legal and Financial Planning, Career Development, Lifestyle and Fitness Management, Mental Health, and Dependent Care
- Gym and Wellness Discounts
- 20% off fertility and family planning services
- 20% off all merchandise at CAMP stores and CAMP.com
- 401(k) Plan (employee contribution only)
Interested in joining the team?
Submit your resume and cover letter. Address your cover letter to me, Graham, letting me know why you want this job and why we should hire you!