About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that helps answer the question “What should we do today?” through a unique combination of Retail & Media. Launched in December of 2018, CAMP operates five retail locations in New York, Texas, and Connecticut and serves families everywhere via its digital platforms.
What is the Role?
CAMP is looking for an enthusiastic, creative, and experienced Video Producer. Your goal is to lead CAMP’s internal video production efforts for CAMP.com and CAMP’s Social Media handles. You will report to CAMP’s Editor-in-Chief on the CAMP Lab’s team(our corporate team). You will also partner with the Communications team and Branded Partnerships team as needed. You should have a genuine interest in creating short-form videos that entertain, inform, and answer the question “what should we do today?” for families.
The ideal candidate will possess an interest in finding creative ways to tell stories that entertain both kids and grown-ups alike across social media and on CAMP.com. In addition to helping refine our current video series, they will also work alongside our Content Creators and Social Media Editor to brainstorm and launch new series, franchises, and one-off video features.
What you will do at CAMP:
- Build CAMP.com’s on-site and social video efforts from concept to the final product
- Work with the Editor-in-Chief and Social Media Manager to guide editorial strategy and direction for CAMP’s video efforts
- Establish and manage the entire process for video production and post-production from start to finish
- Get creative to generate ideas for new content series
- Collaborate with Content Creators to brainstorm, pitch, and develop new concepts
- Communicate and manage timelines, budgets, and milestones to our editorial leadership
- Work with our Managing Editor to evaluate cost-effectiveness for video projects, looking for opportunities to make the process more efficient
- Develop a team of freelance and contract video producers to support larger or more specialized projects, including scriptwriters, videographers, directors, musicians, set designers, motion graphic artists, and editors
- Direct on-set talent including actors and influencers as needed
What you will bring to CAMP:
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in video production for digital media companies or editorial teams
- Possess a genuine interest in creating video content for families
- Experience in remote video production and working on vigorous timelines
- Knowledge of creating processes and best practices for video production
- Experience partnering with all involved in video production coordinators, location managers, talent/influencer managers, directors, editors, etc
- Ability to capture videos and tell stories across various formats, including studio shoots and on-location shoots
- Background in editing videos to make them concise and engaging, especially for kids and families.
- Attention to detail, especially meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects
- Comfort with Adobe Premiere or other video editing software, and basic knowledge of other production software like After Effects and Photoshop
- Desire to be part of a tight-knit team looking to transform the traditional retail experience
- Passionate about delivering memorable experiences to diverse customers online and offline.
- Start-up experience is a bonus but not a requirement
- You are authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
What you’ll love about us:
CAMP’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- We empower diverse voices because it is the best and only way to bring high-quality products and experiences to the diverse families that we aim to serve
- We are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace culture that welcomes fresh perspectives, change, and open conversations
- We build social equity by providing our team with opportunities for education, growth, and access
- We highlight products, vendors, and a team that represents our customers' beautiful spectrum of diversity
CAMP’s Commitment to Health & Wellbeing
We offer a variety of options that are designed to fit the needs of you and your family
- Medical Coverage & Pharmacy Benefits including virtual doctor visits
- Dental & Vision Coverage
- Gym Reimbursement
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Mass Transit & Commuter Parking Programs
- Benefits Concierge: a team of dedicated and experienced employee benefits advocates who are ready to help you and your family with questions.
- Employee Assistance Program: offers support around Education, Legal and Financial Planning, Career Development, Lifestyle and Fitness Management, Mental Health and Dependent Care
Plus some additional perks!
- 20% off all merchandise at CAMP’s retail stores and CAMP.com
- Flexible Paid Time Off to use for vacation, personal days, well-being, or an illness
- 401(k) Plan
- Weekly Training Sessions
Interested in joining the team?
Submit your resume and cover letter. Address your cover letter to me, Tanner, letting me know why you want this job and why we should hire you!