About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that helps answer the question “What should we do today?” through a unique combination of Retail & Media. Launched in December of 2018, CAMP operates five retail locations in New York, Texas, and Connecticut and serves families everywhere via its digital platforms.
What is the Role?
We are looking for a Social Media Editor. Your goal is to create, develop, and publish family entertainment content for CAMP’s Social Media profiles. You will report to CAMP’s Managing Editor and work on the CAMP Labs team (our corporate team). We’re currently focused on developing our Instagram and Facebook, and we’ll be looking to develop and implement LinkedIn and Pinterest strategies. This person will require extensive knowledge of all Social Media platforms that families engage with and possess a track record for presenting and optimizing social content in a fun and engaging way. In addition to publishing our editorial and social content, the Social Media Editor will partner with our Communications and Branded Partnerships teams to develop and publish branded content, strategically organizing it into the content calendar to feel at home amongst our organic content.
What will you do at CAMP?
- Handle CAMP’s day-to-day social publishing on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms
- Deploy the CAMP voice in all our social copy and captions, using insights to get a pulse on what our diverse customer and family audiences respond to and adjust tone and style accordingly
- Keep an eye on our followers across all of CAMP’s platforms and engage with them regularly
- Work closely with our Social Media Manager to develop content calendars and strategies for social media growth
- Celebrate the Campers (Customers) and Counselors (Store Experience team) in our stores while extending CAMP’s reach beyond our Store locations
- Drive engagement and build awareness and loyalty for the CAMP brand
- Work with our producers and creators to develop and publish original social-first content
- Keep an eye on our competitors and trends in the social media space to find new content opportunities, best practices, and platforms to explore
- Translate editorial content developed for CAMP.com site into social-friendly content, tweaking images and copy as needed
- Work closely with our Communications Team to promote our stores and build our network of influencers and contributors
- Partner with our Branded Partnerships team to develop and publish social assets for our ad campaigns
What will you bring to CAMP?
- Minimum of 3+ years writing or editing experience for Social Media (bonus if for a retail brand or editorial team)
- Proven success growing audiences across various Social Media platforms
- Exceptional writing skills and the ability to capture CAMP’s fun and quirky voice
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Basic Photoshop and Canva skills are a plus
- Passionate about delivering memorable experiences to customers through the creation of content
- An active and engaging public social media presence
- Desire to be part of a tight-knit team looking to transform the traditional retail experience
- You are not afraid to jump in where needed - no task is too big or too small for you and you are willing to throw down and help your team before you are asked
- You are authorized to work lawfully in the United States
- Start-up experience is a bonus but not a requirement
What you’ll love about us:
CAMP’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- We empower diverse voices because it is the best and only way to bring high-quality products and experiences to the diverse families that we aim to serve
- We are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace culture that welcomes fresh perspectives, change, and open conversations
- We build social equity by providing our team with opportunities for education, growth, and access
- We highlight products, vendors, and a team that represents our customers' beautiful spectrum of diversity
CAMP’s Commitment to Health & Wellbeing
We offer a variety of options that are designed to fit the needs of you and your family.
- Medical Coverage & Pharmacy Benefits including virtual doctor visits
- Dental & Vision Coverage
- Gym Reimbursement
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Mass Transit & Commuter Parking Programs
- Benefits Concierge: a team of dedicated and experienced employee benefits advocates who are ready to help you and your family with questions.
- Employee Assistance Program: offers support around Education, Legal and Financial Planning, Career Development, Lifestyle and Fitness Management, Mental Health and Dependent Care
Plus some additional perks!
- 20% off all merchandise at CAMP’s retail stores and CAMP.com
- Flexible Paid Time Off to use for vacation, personal days, well-being, or an illness
- 401(k) Plan
- Weekly Training Sessions
Interested in joining the team?
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio. Address your cover letter to me, Tanner Greenring, letting me know why you want this job and why we should hire you!