About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that helps answer the question “What should we do today?” through a unique combination of Retail & Media. Launched in December of 2018, CAMP operates five retail locations in New York, Texas and Connecticut and serves families everywhere via its digital platforms.
What is the Role?
We are looking for a Merchandise Assistant to help support CAMP’s Merchandising efforts in Stores and Online. This role reports to our Director of Merchandising and can be remote.
What will you do at CAMP?
- Partnering with our vendors to build positive relationships and become their “go to” person to help solve problems or provide follow-up as needed
- Vetting new submissions from vendors who want to sell their products at CAMP
- Managing vendor onboarding and ensuring all parties have the information required for account setup
- Owning the accuracy of item information for all products in CAMP’s assortment including the collection of item setup information, item maintenance, and product categorization
- Managing purchase order changes communicated by the vendor including cost updates, item availability dates, and product substitutions
- Collecting vendor tracking information for all purchase orders
- Support resolution of purchase order discrepancies and exceptions
- Assisting with visual merchandising materials for new store launches, resets, and key merchandise programs
- Gather assortment feedback from our Stores and E-commerce teams to help identify areas of opportunity
- Pulling ad-hoc reporting as needed including sales, assortment, and inventory reports
- Maintain an up to date list of vendor contacts and catalogs
- Working cross functionally to provide support for overarching merchandise initiatives
- Occasional market travel to visit vendors and attend trade shows
What will you bring to CAMP?
- 1-3 years previous work experience as a Merchandise Assistant
- You are excited to deliver memorable experiences to customers
- You have a passion and eye for product
- You are a self directed multi-tasker who is organized and can prioritize work needs efficiently
- You pride yourself on being reliable and exceeding standards. You care about the quality, accuracy and completeness of your work
- You are prone to action. If you see a problem or opportunity your instinct is to quickly evaluate the situation and take action with a sense of urgency before being asked or required to do so
- You are agile, flexible and embrace switching gears in order to jump in where needed
- You have a great rapport with people and enjoy building and maintaining relationships
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and/or Keynote
- Experience in inventory management or ERP systems preferred (ie. Netsuite, or SAP)
- You are excited to join a growing team of people who are passionate about creating incredible family experiences!
- You are authorized to work lawfully in the United states
What you’ll love about us:
CAMP’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- We empower diverse voices because it is the best and only way to bring high-quality products and experiences to the diverse families that we aim to serve
- We are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace culture that welcomes fresh perspectives, change, and open conversations
- We build social equity by providing our team with opportunities for education, growth, and access
- We highlight products, vendors, and a team that represents our customers' beautiful spectrum of diversity
CAMP’S Commitment to Health & Wellbeing
We offer a variety of options that are designed to fit the needs of you and your family.
- Medical Coverage & Pharmacy Benefits including virtual doctor visits
- Dental & Vision Coverage
- Gym Reimbursement
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Mass Transit & Commuter Parking Programs
- Benefits Concierge: a team of dedicated and experienced employee benefits advocates who are ready to help you and your family with questions.
- Employee Assistance Program: offers support around Education, Legal and Financial Planning, Career Development, Lifestyle and Fitness Management, Mental Health and Dependent Care
Plus some additional perks!
- 20% off all merchandise at CAMP’s retail stores and CAMP.com
- Flexible Paid Time Off to use for vacation, personal days, well-being, or an illness
- 401(k) Plan
- Weekly Training Sessions
Interested in joining the team?
Submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio. Address your cover letter to me, Sumita , letting me know why you want this job and why we should hire you!