About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that helps answer the question “What should we do today?” through a unique combination of Retail & Media. Launched in December of 2018, CAMP operates five retail locations in New York, Texas, and Connecticut and serves families everywhere via its digital platforms.
We are excited to announce that we will be opening our sixth location in the Shops at Columbus Circle in New York City during Summer 2021.
What is the Role?
We are looking for Store Experience Leads to join the CAMP Columbus Circle team & CAMP Fifth Avenue team. You will report to the General Manager (GM) and be responsible for ensuring the store’s daily operations run smoothly as well as overseeing the store experience associates.
What will you do at CAMP?
- Supervising overall retail floor, cafe, programming, activities, and stock processes
- Opening & closing procedures
- Being a point-of-contact for community, customer, or employee issues and questions.
- Hosting chat-ins and chat-outs with staff to share important updates, health & safety guidelines, zoning and break information, product details, mini-trainings, daily happenings, etc.
- Supporting onboarding, training and development, and supervision for team members in developmental roles
- Managing and monitoring daily scheduling: staff breaks, zone assignments, lateness/call-outs
- Properly documenting and handling incidents with customers should they arise
- Partnering with GM and People & Culture team to manage associates and ensure optimal performance
- Partnering with the Experience team and the Director of Merchandising - Stores, with the preparation & safe facilitation of all family programs and events
- Submitting thoughtful and thorough daily recaps to the CAMP Labs team & your store leadership team
- Assisting GM on storewide objectives and assignments
- Maintain and enforce the safety and health standards of CAMP
- Consistently finding and suggesting ways to improve CAMP’s operations, sales, and service
- Additional support for CAMP or for CAMP Labs as needed as you are willing to throw down and help anywhere
What will you bring to CAMP?
- 2+ years of store or team leadership experience in the retail industry with proven results
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older and are authorized to work lawfully in the United States
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to be trained and work in any of our New York City locations without notice
- Excellence, enthusiasm, and excitement around engaging with children and families creatively
- Exceed in all areas of CAMP’s Core Values - W.O.S.T.A. (Warmth, Output, Spirit, Truth, Agility)
- Desire to be part of a tight-knit team looking to transform the traditional retail experience
- Hold yourself and your team to high standards
- Possess a welcoming and helpful attitude and the ability to lead and hold others accountable
- Learn and adapt to current technology and can accurately handle POS functions
- Be able to manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bonus but not required: You may have hidden talents that can add magical moments to our retail experience
What are the physical demands?
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights, go up and down a ladder
- Exposure to outdoor elements such as sun, precipitation, and wind
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry and walk about the store
- Ability to safely operate manual and electrical equipment
What you’ll love about us:
CAMP’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- We empower diverse voices because it is the best and only way to bring high-quality products and experiences to the diverse families that we aim to serve
- We are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace culture that welcomes fresh perspectives, change, and open conversations
- We build social equity by providing our team with opportunities for education, growth, and access
- We highlight products, vendors, and a team that represents our customers' beautiful spectrum of diversity
CAMP’s Commitment to Health & Wellbeing:
We offer a variety of options that are designed to fit the needs of you and your family.
- Medical Coverage & Pharmacy Benefits including virtual doctor visits
- Dental & Vision Coverage
- Gym Reimbursement
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Mass Transit & Commuter Parking Programs
- Benefits Concierge: a team of dedicated and experienced employee benefits advocates who are ready to help you and your family with questions
- Employee Assistance Program: offers support around Education, Legal and Financial Planning, Career Development, Lifestyle and Fitness Management, Mental Health and Dependent Care
Some additional perks:
- 20% off all merchandise at CAMP’s retail stores and CAMP.com
- Accrual based PTO policy to use for vacation, personal days, well-being, or an illness
- 401(k) Plan
- Weekly Training Sessions
Interested in joining the team?
- Submit your resume and cover letter. Address your cover letter to me, Kyle, letting me know why you are interested in working for CAMP and why we should hire you!