About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that helps answer the question “What should we do today?” through a unique combination of Retail & Media. Launched in December of 2018, CAMP operates five retail locations in New York, Texas and Connecticut and serves families everywhere via its digital platforms.
What is the Role?
We are looking for a VP of Marketing to drive CAMP’s growth. You will strategize and execute creative ways to drive CAMP’s customer and family acquisition objectives while continuing to engage and retain our diverse customer base. As a VP of Marketing you will oversee growth, brand, design, events and influencers and be responsible for setting CAMP’s marketing strategy across all channels. You know how to operationalize your big ideas and have sharp analytical and tactical experience. You will report to the CEO, and be a key member of CAMP’s leadership team. This position requires you to be easily accessible & present at our existing four stores in the New York area (5th Ave NYC, Brooklyn, NY, Hudson Yards, NYC, and South Norwalk, CT). You will also remotely support our team in Dallas, TX, until it is safe to travel frequently.
What will you do at CAMP?
Growth Marketing: Develop and execute our growth strategy, encompassing both customer acquisition and retention marketing.
- Identify and plan differentiated and impactful marketing strategies
- Build and lead an internal team and external partners to deliver across all channels
- Establish and own reporting benchmarks and KPIs related to growth
- Manage, develop and grow a team
Brand Marketing: Develop a brand marketing strategy in alignment with business objectives and implement across all marketing channels.
- Lead and execute tentpole planning and partnerships
- Partner with PR and communications in developing and executing messaging strategies to maximize reach and impact across consumer, business, influencer touchpoints
- Strategically contribute and expand efforts relating to visual design, brand design, visual signage, social assets, co-branded design elements for partnerships, and campaign level design.
- Identify and manage brand partnerships including 3rd party retail, collaborations, press, or promotional events both directly and in partnership with product / merchandising teams.
- Establish CSR programs in line with company strategy and to maximize impact; build content to educate customers and work internally to engage employees.
- Own strategy for key social media channels and influencers; continue to drive content and audience growth in line with targets.
What will you bring to CAMP?
- Minimum of 10+ years experience leading growth and brand marketing initiatives for consumer brands that target diverse markets and customers.
- Build, manage and coach a high-performing marketing team.
- Intimate understanding of social platforms & algorithms.
- Start-up experience is a bonus but not a requirement.
- Experience in strategizing & creating a playbook for customer growth for both physical and digital experiences.
- Experience building & managing high performing growth marketing teams.
- Experience in the family entertainment space is a plus but not required.
- Creative and data driven in approach to growth marketing for both physical experiences as well digital experiences.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills.
- Execution oriented with an eye for detail & passionate about innovating through testing new strategies and channels.
- Self-starter, proactive, ability to prioritize and shift focus with ease and flexibility - you are excited to dive in, build quickly and drive output.
- Passionate about delivering memorable experiences to diverse customers online and offline.
- You are authorized to work lawfully in the United states.
What you’ll love about us:
CAMP’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- We empower diverse voices because it is the best and only way to bring high-quality products and experiences to the diverse families that we aim to serve
- We are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace culture that welcomes fresh perspectives, change, and open conversations
- We build social equity by providing our team with opportunities for education, growth, and access
- We highlight products, vendors, and a team that represents our customers' beautiful spectrum of diversity
CAMP’S Commitment to Health & Wellbeing
We offer a variety of options that are designed to fit the needs of you and your family.
- Medical Coverage & Pharmacy Benefits including virtual doctor visits
- Dental & Vision Coverage
- Gym Reimbursement
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Mass Transit & Commuter Parking Programs
- Benefits Concierge: team of dedicated and experienced employee benefits advocates who are ready to help you and your family with questions.
- Employee Assistance Program: offers support around Education, Legal and Financial Planning, Career Development, Lifestyle and Fitness Management, Mental Health and Dependent Care
Plus some additional perks!
- 20% off all merchandise at CAMP’s retail stores and CAMP.com
- Flexible Paid Time Off to use for vacation, personal days, well-being, or an illness
- 401(k) Plan
- Weekly Training Sessions
Interested in joining the team?
Submit your resume and cover letter. Address your cover letter to me, Sumita, letting me know why you want this job and why we should hire you!