About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that helps answer the question “What should we do today?” through a unique combination of Retail & Media. Launched in December of 2018, CAMP operates five retail locations in New York, Texas and Connecticut and serves families everywhere via its digital platforms.
What is the Role?
We are looking for a Design Director. You will own CAMP’s brand identity, using an inclusive lens to speak to CAMP’s customers, across all channels: in store, online, products, and more. The CAMP brand is well established and one we are proud of so your work here is to continue it and keep it evolving!
You will report to CAMP’s VP of Marketing and work on the CAMP Lab’s team.
What will you do at CAMP?
- Managing and collaborating with our external branding agency who have built CAMP’s brand to date.
- Presenting creative ideas and concepts to VP of Marketing and other members of the CAMP leadership team.
- Managing and collaborating with in house graphic design talent, editorial team members, and contractors in the creative development of the following deliverables:
- Selling and executing sponsorships (campaign level, co-branded design, creative pitches/ideas, and tentpole creative).
- Bringing marketing campaigns from fruition to execution in all areas such as messaging, concepts, ads, social, signage etc.
- Overseeing design of all assets including photography, collateral, and more for camp.com.
Building and managing a team and jumping into execution when necessary.
- Managing 1 in house graphic designer to start as well as external consultants and an agency.
- Completing creative work yourself from time to time.
- Building a larger creative team in house at CAMP.
What will you bring to CAMP?
- 7+ years experience managing design or brand creative teams.
- Understanding of brand, visual design, user experience and digital marketing to design beautiful experiences.
- Experience with media, sponsorship, and co-branding.
- Experience creating assets for experiential marketing campaigns including signage etc.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and have a keen understanding of graphic/web design principles and current web technologies (html, css).
- Passionate about branding, storytelling, and producing engaging content and campaigns.
- Understanding of and experience building and maintaining a brand across digital and physical channels
- Self-starter, proactive, ability to prioritize and shift focus with ease and flexibility - you are excited to dive in, build quickly and drive output.
- Passionate about delivering memorable experiences to diverse customers.
- Holding yourself and your employees/team to high standards.
- You are not afraid to jump in where needed - no task is too big or too small for you and you are willing to throw down and help your team before you are asked.
- Start up experience or agency experience is a bonus but not a requirement.
- Can work remotely in certain predetermined states including New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, California and Texas.
- You are authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
What you’ll love about us:
CAMP’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- We empower diverse voices because it is the best and only way to bring high-quality products and experiences to the diverse families that we aim to serve
- We are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace culture that welcomes fresh perspectives, change, and open conversations
- We build social equity by providing our team with opportunities for education, growth, and access
- We highlight products, vendors, and a team that represents our customers' beautiful spectrum of diversity
CAMP’S Commitment to Health & Wellbeing
We offer a variety of options that are designed to fit the needs of you and your family.
- Medical Coverage & Pharmacy Benefits including virtual doctor visits
- Dental & Vision Coverage
- Gym Reimbursement
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Mass Transit & Commuter Parking Programs
- Benefits Concierge: team of dedicated and experienced employee benefits advocates who are ready to help you and your family with questions.
- Employee Assistance Program: offers support around Education, Legal and Financial Planning, Career Development, Lifestyle and Fitness Management, Mental Health and Dependent Care
Plus some additional perks!
- 20% off all merchandise at CAMP’s retail stores and CAMP.com
- Flexible Paid Time Off to use for vacation, personal days, well-being, or an illness
- 401(k) Plan
- Weekly Training Sessions
Interested in joining the team?
Submit your resume and cover letter. Address your cover letter to me, Sumita, letting me know why you want this job and why we should hire you!