About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that creates playful and meaningful moments for families everywhere. In our stores and online, CAMP offers magical experiences that blend play with product. We create unique programming and activities for kids of all ages and their families. CAMP offers a unique selection of toys, books, and apparel of beloved brands as well as our own private label. Built to engage and inspire, CAMP exists to answer the question of “What should we do today?”
Launched in December of 2018, CAMP has 5 retail locations in New York, Texas, and Connecticut and its own virtual content and branded experiences.
What is the Role?
We are looking for a VP of Merchandising! You will initiate, drive, and perpetuate merchandising and business strategies across all of CAMP’s channels and private label initiatives and do so through the lens of CAMP brand ethos and business priorities. You will set the merchandising vision through a diverse mix of vendors and private label merchandise. You bring with you an integral understanding of working within a multi-brand, multi-category environment and develop strong relationships with vendors that help tell their story. You will grow a team to support these initiatives as needed. This role reports to the CEO & Co-Founder Ben Kaufman and work on the CAMP Labs team. This position requires you to be easily accessible & present at our existing four stores in the New York area (5th Ave NYC, Brooklyn, NY, Hudson Yards, NYC, and South Norwalk, CT). You will also remotely support our team in Dallas, TX, until it is safe to travel frequently.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Merchandising Strategy: Developing and executing a year round merchandise strategy that will help inform purchasing decisions and what product programs we will launch across both physical and digital experiences. Leading ongoing assessment of the product category mix by identifying opportunities and downward trends to inform and adapt the merchandise strategy as needed.
- Private Label: You will oversee Camp’s in house product development. Identifying new categories and products for our private label program that resonate with both the CAMP brand and our customers.
- Marketing Driven Merchandising & Collaborations: Initiating new collaborations with unique brands that broaden the CAMP platform and leverage merchandise partnerships as a marketing and customer acquisition opportunity.
- Licensing / Brand Expansion: Leading conversations with licensing / brand partners to identify and develop new product partnerships and launch strategies across merchandise channels.
- P & L: Partnering with CEO and CFO to establish financial goals and own the total Merchandising P&L- driven by sales, margin, in stock levels, and profitability. Oversee and approve OTB decisions to ensure optimal investments of capital.
- Planning & Allocation: Maximizing sales, profit, and inventory optimization across the business. Leading merchandise planning, allocation, and on-time delivery and will be accountable for KPIs, including Open-to-Buy performance, in-stock rates, and inventory turns. Owning the development of demand and supply, assortment, and allocation plans for stores and D2C business.
What will you bring to Camp:
- Minimum of 12+ years work experience in merchandising.
- Experience working in a multi-brand environment and multi-category - hard lines and soft goods.
- Passionate about delivering memorable experiences to customers through merchandise.
- Desire to be part of a tight-knit team looking to transform the traditional retail experience.
- Holding yourself and your employees/team to high standards.
- You are not afraid to jump in where needed - no task is too big or too small for you, and you are willing to throw down and help your team before you are asked.
- Start-up experience is a bonus but not a requirement.
- You are authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
What you’ll love about us :
CAMP’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- We empower diverse voices because it is the best and only way to bring high-quality products and experiences to the diverse families that we aim to serve
- We are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace culture that welcomes fresh perspectives, change, and open conversations
- We build social equity by providing our team with opportunities for education, growth, and access
- We highlight products, vendors, and a team that represents our customers' beautiful spectrum of diversity
CAMP’S Commitment to Health & Wellbeing
We offer a variety of options that are designed to fit the needs of you and your family.
- Medical Coverage & Pharmacy Benefits including virtual doctor visits
- Dental & Vision Coverage
- Gym Reimbursement
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Mass Transit & Commuter Parking Programs
- Benefits Concierge: team of dedicated and experienced employee benefits advocates who are ready to help you and your family with questions.
- Employee Assistance Program: offers support around Education, Legal and Financial Planning, Career Development, Lifestyle and Fitness Management, Mental Health and Dependent Care
Plus some additional perks!
- 20% off all merchandise at CAMP’s retail stores and CAMP.com
- Flexible Paid Time Off to use for vacation, personal days, well-being, or an illness
- 401(k) Plan
- Weekly Training Sessions
Interested in joining the team?
Submit your resume and cover letter. Address your cover letter to me, Sumita, letting me know why you want this job and why we should hire you!