About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that helps answer the question “What should we do today?” through a unique combination of Retail & Media. Launched in December of 2018, CAMP operates five retail locations in New York, Texas and Connecticut and serves families everywhere via its digital platforms.
What is the Role?
We’re looking for a Full Stack Web Developer to join our small distributed team. You will be responsible for building, delivering, and maintaining CAMP’s internal and customer-facing software and infrastructure as well as a wide range of client and partner projects.
What will you do at CAMP?
- You’ll work with our editorial team to build tools for delivering content to our readers as well as the consumer-facing editorial experience.
- You’ll work with our e-commerce team to grow our e-commerce business.
- You’ll work with our store support team to build internal administrative tooling to help assist in day-to-day business operations.
- You’ll work on the various integrations that keep CAMP’s logistics, store, and reporting systems working efficiently.
- You’ll work on our mobile applications which are used to manage the in-store customer experience and point of sale systems.
- You’ll work with CAMP partners to help them build integrated and standalone experiences that connect them to CAMP’s customer base and execute on their business and marketing goals.
What is CAMP’s current stack?
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres / Redis
- React / React Native / Typescript
- Apollo / GraphQL
- Heroku / RDS / Cloudfront / S3
What will you bring to CAMP?
- You have a history of building, deploying, and scaling consumer-facing web applications.
- You are comfortable with ownership and autonomy.
- You are obsessed with delivering high-quality user experiences.
- You are passionate about reducing complexity and using technology to increase the efficiency of business operations.
- You want to help scale the magic of CAMP to the rest of the world both on and offline.
- You have a startup, small team, and independent project experiences to date. While not required, these experiences are highly valued.
- You can work remotely in certain predetermined states including New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, California, and Texas.
What is your interview process?
- We typically start with a brief zoom interview with Graham (CAMP’s CTO and your manager) to discuss the role and to explore if it is a good fit.
- If CAMP and you both want to move forward with the process you’ll be assigned a short take-home project to complete on your own time.
- Following the take-home project, you’ll have a zoom with Graham to go over the project and to dig deeper into your technical skills.
- The final step will be to meet with various team members across CAMP’s organization so that you can get a sense of what working at CAMP is like and for you and the team that you would be interfacing with daily to meet and get to know one another (About 3 hours in total).
What you’ll love about us:
CAMP’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- We empower diverse voices because it is the best and only way to bring high-quality products and experiences to the diverse families that we aim to serve
- We are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace culture that welcomes fresh perspectives, change, and open conversations
- We build social equity by providing our team with opportunities for education, growth, and access
- We highlight products, vendors, and a team that represents our customers' beautiful spectrum of diversity
CAMP’S Commitment to Health & Wellbeing
We offer a variety of options that are designed to fit the needs of you and your family.
- Medical Coverage & Pharmacy Benefits including virtual doctor visits
- Dental & Vision Coverage
- Gym Reimbursement
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Mass Transit & Commuter Parking Programs
- Benefits Concierge: team of dedicated and experienced employee benefits advocates who are ready to help you and your family with questions.
- Employee Assistance Program: offers support around Education, Legal and Financial Planning, Career Development, Lifestyle and Fitness Management, Mental Health and Dependent Care
Plus some additional perks!
- 20% off all merchandise at CAMP’s retail stores and CAMP.com
- Flexible Paid Time Off to use for vacation, personal days, well-being, or an illness
- 401(k) Plan
- Weekly Training Sessions
Interested in joining the team?
Submit your resume and cover letter. Address your cover letter to me, Sumita, letting me know why you want this job and why we should hire you!