About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that creates playful and meaningful moments for families everywhere. In our stores and online, CAMP offers magical experiences that blend play with product. We create unique programming and activities for kids of all ages and their families. CAMP offers a unique selection of toys, books and apparel of beloved brands as well as our own private label. Built to engage and inspire, CAMP exists to answer the question of “What should we do today?”
Launched in December of 2018, CAMP has 5 retail locations in New York, Texas and Connecticut and its own virtual content and branded experiences.
What is the Role?
We are looking for a VP of Design. You will own CAMP’s brand identity, using an inclusive lens to include CAMP’s diverse customers, across all all channels: in store, online, products, and more. The CAMP brand is pretty well established and one we are proud of so your work here is to continue it and keep it evolving!
You will report to Ben Kaufman, Co Founder & CEO, and can work remotely from anywhere. You will be a key member of CAMP’s leadership team.
Your responsibilities include:
- Brand creative
- Managing and collaborating with our external branding agency. You will also hire in house graphic design talent, manage existing design contractors and dive in to some of the creative work yourself. Including:
- Creative work associated with selling in and executing sponsorships (campaign level, creative pitches/ideas, and tentpole creative).
- Creative work associated with bringing marketing campaigns from fruition to execution in all areas such as concepts, ads, social, etc.
- Store & Theme design
- Designing, building, and curating in store experiences, display / POS fixturing, and new store design.
- Overseeing design of all assets including photography, collateral, and more.
- Private Label
- Designing CAMP’s private label packaging & associated POS displays.
- Building and managing a team: You will inherit 2 team members to start as well as external consultants and agencies. Eventually you will build a larger team in house at CAMP.
What is required?
- 7+ years experience managing design or brand creative teams.
- Understanding of brand, visual design, user experience and digital marketing to design beautiful experiences.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and have a keen understanding of graphic/web design principles and current web technologies (html, css).
- Passionate about branding, storytelling, and producing engaging content and campaigns.
- Understanding of and experience building and maintaining a brand across digital and physical channels
- Self-starter, proactive, ability to prioritize and shift focus with ease and flexibility - you are excited to dive in, build quickly and drive output.
- Passionate about delivering memorable experiences to diverse customers.
- Holding yourself and your employees/team to high standards.
- You are not afraid to jump in where needed - no task is too big or too small for you and you are willing to throw down and help your team before you are asked.
- Start up experience or agency experience is a bonus but not a requirement.
- Can work remotely in certain predetermined states including New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, California and Texas.
- You are authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
Interested in joining the team?
- Submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio. Address your cover letter to me, Nikki, letting me know why you want this job and why we should hire you!