About the company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that creates playful and meaningful moments for families everywhere. In our stores and online, CAMP offers magical experiences that blend play with product. We create unique programming and activities for kids of all ages and their families. CAMP offers a unique selection of toys, books and apparel of beloved brands as well as our own private label. Built to engage and inspire, CAMP exists to answer the question of “What should we do today?”
Launched in December of 2018, CAMP has 5 retail locations in New York, Texas and Connecticut and its own virtual content and branded experiences.
What is the Role?
We are looking for a Senior Editor. You will report to the Editor In Chief and work on the CAMP.com editorial team. The Senior Editor is responsible for building CAMP.com’s audience and guiding the editorial vision to help families answer the question, “What are we going to do today?” To be successful in this role, the Senior Editor will create meaningful family experiences, have great editorial judgement, and pitch and produce content that engages our audience and our sponsors. They’ll be deeply involved in every aspect of the editorial operation, from leading high-level brainstorms for writers and creatives to editing incoming content and getting it ready to publish. Experience with scaling content teams and working with brand partners is also a plus. The person we’re looking for will have a strong portfolio of writing online, so please provide a link to some of your favorite writing samples when applying.
Your responsibilities include:
- Developing and writing content for CAMP.com.
- Editing content to prepare it for publication.
- Leading brainstorming sessions for CAMP writers and sponsorship teams.
- Managing and developing CAMP’s branded editorial content.
- Filling in gaps in content coverage across all of CAMP’s verticals as needed.
- Help direct CAMP.com’s overall vision.
- Generate ideas and content for larger CAMP initiatives, including store themes.
What is required?
- 5+ years of experience writing online content.
- A strong editorial background, including copyediting and proofreading.
- Experience developing content for brands and sponsors is a plus.
- Experience with eCommerce and affiliate content is a plus.
- You are authorized to work lawfully in the United states.
- Self-starter, proactive, ability to prioritize and shift focus with ease and flexibility - you are excited to dive in, build quickly and drive output.
- Passionate about delivering memorable experiences to customers.
- Desire to be part of a tight knit team looking to transform the traditional retail and online experience.
- Holding yourself and your employees/team to high standards.
- You are not afraid to jump in where needed - no task is too big or too small for you and you are willing to throw down and help your team before you are asked.
- Start up experience is a bonus but not a requirement.
Interested in joining the team?
- Submit your resume and cover letter. Address your cover letter to me, Tanner Greenring, letting me know why you want this job and why we should hire you!