About Camera IQ:
Camera IQ is powering the next generation of consumer interactions by enabling brands to tap into the power of Augmented Reality. We are a well-funded and fast growing B2B LA-based startup. We help marketers drive business objectives through Camera Marketing. Our platform empowers brands to easily create and deploy scalable Augmented Reality campaigns and reach audiences everywhere including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitch, Zoom, and more. We are AR Simplified.
Who we are:
We are a team of talented, diverse, and open-minded engineers, designers and marketers committed to democratizing the camera. We are building a future where the camera is the new start menu, where audiences and brands can interact seamlessly with each other and co-create brand new worlds for all to explore. If this excites you, you've come to the right place.
About the Role:
Camera IQ seeks a full-time Augmented Reality Designer to concept and create AR experiences that help brands easily build engaging AR campaigns on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat. As a member of the Creative & Production team you will principally work to design and develop templates that brands can customize with their own assets. Additionally you will work to develop content for the Camera IQ default asset library which will showcase capability, creative application and production best practices. Lastly you will support the design and development of the customer content using the Camera IQ tools. This role reports to the creative director.
- Collaborate with the Customer and Marketing team to concept and create AR experiences to deliver solutions for customer driven use cases.
- Partner with the Product team to showcase new features and provide input and validation for future features as an internal customer of the tools.
- Support the Production Lead in the development of a scalable production pipeline.
- Support design and production of customer projects using the Camera IQ tools.
- Provide effort estimates for design and production tasks to inform the schedule and management of product and customer content.
- BFA in Computer Arts, Communication Design, Motion Graphics, Graphic Design, Illustration, or related fields.
- Experience working in 3D production for real time rendering on mobile (Spark AR, Lens Studio, Unity, Unreal, 3JS) Example of experience are required.
- 2 or more years studio experience with polygon modeling, digital sculpting, and building topology for proper edge loop deformation
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Physically Based Rendering (PBR) texturing examples, demonstrated in portfolio
- Proficient with 2D content creation (animation, typography, photo editing, illustration) by use of Adobe Creative Cloud tools (After Effects, Photoshop & Illustrator, etc)
- Ability to art direct AR concepts
- Ability to start from a blank slate and repurpose existing customer creative assets to generate polished creative.
- Ability to design in various styles to fit various commercial projects and design voices.
- Understanding of what works visually on social media.
- Ability to work well as an individual and as part of a team.
- Strong time management skills to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Self starting, ability to create without a refined brief or creative oversight.
- Creative thinking and an innate instinct for what looks good.
- Effective communicator.
- Attention to detail
- Basic scripting experience in augmented reality studio environments (Spark AR, Lens studio), please provide concrete examples
- Experience working in 3JS