About Camera IQ:
Camera IQ is powering the next generation of consumer interactions by enabling brands to tap into the power of Augmented Reality. We are a well-funded and fast growing B2B LA-based startup. We help marketers drive business objectives through Camera Marketing. Our platform empowers brands to easily create and deploy scalable Augmented Reality campaigns and reach audiences everywhere including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitch, Zoom, and more. We are AR Simplified.
Who we are:
We are a team of talented, diverse, and open-minded engineers, designers and marketers committed to democratizing the camera. We are building a future where the camera is the new start menu, where audiences and brands can interact seamlessly with each other and co-create brand new worlds for all to explore. If this excites you, you've come to the right place.
About the Role:
Camera IQ seeks a Full-Time Motion Graphics Designer with an interest in augmented reality.
The Motion Designer will work closely with the Creative & Production, Product and Marketing teams to design static and animated content to be used in augmented reality experience for Camera IQ, customer AR experiences and product documentation.
This is an opportunity for creative exploration within the AR space at a growing startup. No prior AR experience required, applications will be assessed based on past work experience and a portfolio of graphic design, typography, graphic illustration and animation.
- 2+ years of Experience
- BFA in Communication Design, Motion Graphics, Graphic Design, Illustration, or related fields
- Excellent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, etc.)
- Excellent at Photo Editing
- Experience creating and optimizing GIFs
- Ability to art direct Filter concepts
- Ability to create realistic visual effects, both linear and loopable
- Ability to start from a blank slate and repurpose existing customer creative assets to generate polished creative.
- Sophisticated handle on typography, layout, and color.
- Ability to design in various styles to fit various commercial projects and design voices.
- Understanding of what works visually on social media.
- Ability to work well as an individual and as part of a team.
- Strong time management skills to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Self starting, ability to create without a refined brief or creative oversight.
- Creative thinking and an innate instinct for what looks good.
- Effective communicator.
- Attention to detail
- Passion for augmented reality, avid user of Snapchat Lenses, Instagram and Facebook Effects
- Ability to quickly learn new programs and processes
- Experience working in fast paced cross functional environment
- Experience collaborating with 3D and VFX departments (understanding technical specifics)
- Clear and effective communication skills and collaborative mindset
- Ability to work under circumstances when briefing details are vague or frequently changing
- Knowledge of the best memes
- Experience with Lens Studio (Snapchat) and Spark AR (Instagram / Facebook)