At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our global platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite stars and creators and through our Cameo for Business platform, all companies can now leverage the power of celebrity at scale. The key to our success? Our outstanding Cameo Fameo. The people behind the scenes, spreading joy to our talent and their fans - as well as their fellow colleagues - each and every day.
From product marketers to talent relations managers, software engineers and recruiters, the Cameo team is made up of the brightest minds in the biz. As we grow, our core values and startup mentality remain; we value creativity, hard work, collaboration, direct dialogue and feedback, and the continued development of our people. We are a fully distributed, highly connected company (TL;DR no company offices < plenty of company gatherings). For more information, please visit careers.cameo.com.
Our team is guided by four core values, and we like to share them early on to set the stage!
- Roll out the Red Carpet - Do you welcome everyone just as they are?
- Make it Memorable - When was the last time you said, "wow, that sh!t was cool!"
- Run Through Walls - How do you create purpose from challenge?
- Fight for Simplicity - Get comfortable with saying no and intentional when saying yes.
A few more things to consider:
👋 Our employees are called the Cameo Fameo, and our team means everything to us. Join smart, curious, humble individuals from all over the world and experience what it’s like to love where you work.
🏆 Humble brag - we’re honored to be named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company, and recently raised a $100M Series C.
🌎 Trade those commute hours for more time to do what makes YOU happy. We're a Work From Anywhere in the U.S company, with an entirely distributed team, so as long as you’ve got WiFi, you’re perfect to us. Don’t worry, we find ample time throughout the year to come together and celebrate our wins IRL!
🎁 The goods - competitive salaries, equity, health insurance, 401(k), wellness perks, unlimited PTO, Heads Down Hump Days 🐪 (aka no recurring meetings), and an annual talent show that will have you LOL-ing - just to name a few. Oh, and did we mention Cameo works with noteworthy actors, athletes, musicians, your favorite creators, global superstars, famous furry friends and more!?
About the role:
We are looking for a self-motivated, proactive, and experienced paralegal to join the Cameo Legal Team. Candidates should have excellent organizational, writing, communication, and project management skills, be flexible, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The paralegal will manage a broad spectrum of legal, compliance, and business matters alongside Cameo’s attorneys, outside counsel, and business team.
What you’ll be doing for Cameo:
- Manage all legal operations and matters with efficacy to ensure that internal client needs and expectations are met
- Be responsible for (“own”) preparation and filing of U.S. state and international annual reports and other annual compliance documents
- Update, maintain, and manage contract management system to ensure compliance and timely renewals
- Assist with tracking and responding to litigation and regulatory matters
- Manage disclosure process for financing matters
- Handle requests for information and other documentation from internal and external parties
- Handle applications and renewals for insurance
- Manage outside counsel as needed
- Update and maintain global intellectual property portfolio
- Assist in team building and coordination for the Legal team, including meeting agendas and weekly team member updates
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ years of experience working as a paralegal/legal assistant, including 5+ years of experience working at a nationally recognized law firm, government agency, or startup/tech company (experience both at a law firm and in-house is preferable)
- Expertise filing annual reports and franchise tax reports
- Expertise assisting with litigation, subpoenas, and related matters
- Familiarity with intellectual property
- Expertise managing legal operations and implementing efficient and effective procedures and processes
- Expertise managing DocuSign contract management system
- Expertise across all Google and Microsoft office productivity tools (including word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, calendar, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.
We are working on becoming compliant with Colorado regulations. Until then, this role can not be performed in Colorado.