Cameo Software Engineer Intern
At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our global platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite stars and creators, and through our Cameo for Business platform, all companies can now leverage the power of celebrity at scale. The key to our success? Our outstanding Cameo Fameo. The people behind the scenes, spreading joy to our talent and their fans - as well as their fellow colleagues - each and every day.
From product marketers to talent relations managers, software engineers and recruiters, the Cameo team is made up of the brightest minds in the biz. As we grow, our core values and startup mentality remain; we value creativity, hard work, collaboration, direct dialogue and feedback, and the continued development of our people. We are a fully distributed, highly connected company (TL;DR no company offices < plenty of company gatherings). For more information, please visit cameo.com/careers.
Our team is guided by four core values, and we like to share them early on to set the stage!
- Roll out the Red Carpet - Do you welcome everyone just as they are?
- Make it Memorable - When was the last time you said, "wow, that sh!t was cool!"
- Run Through Walls - How do you create purpose from challenge?
- Fight for Simplicity - Get comfortable with saying no and intentional when saying yes.
A few more things to consider:
👋 Our employees are called the Cameo Fameo, and our team means everything to us. Join smart, curious, humble individuals from all over the world and experience what it’s like to love where you work.
🏆 Humble brag - we’re honored to be named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company, and recently raised a $100M Series C.
🌎 Trade those commute hours for more time to do what makes YOU happy. We're a Work From Anywhere in the U.S company, with an entirely distributed team, so as long as you’ve got WiFi, you’re perfect to us. Don’t worry, we find ample time throughout the year to come together and celebrate our wins IRL!
There are a ton of start-ups out there, but few who have the opportunity to be a disruptor in an established, iconic industry. Add in the thrill, edge and scope of the entertainment industry and you can begin to imagine the possibilities. Spend your summer at Cameo and you'll get your hands dirty by working on tangible solutions and product improvements for our fans, talent and business clients. You can even pitch your new product ideas to the CEO and (if it is great) be able to see it come to life. You'll make forever friends and learn from some of the best in the biz working alongside the Cameo Fameo. If we had to bet, surprise appearances by some of our favorite stars are bound to happen during the summer, and last but not least, you'll be making magical memories happen every day for all of those fans out there! We are at the beginning of our journey and every hire makes an outsized impact - our interns are no exception.
About the Role:
Interns work alongside the engineering team at Cameo to help us improve and scale our platform which connects fans, talent and businesses to create the most authentic and personalized connections on earth. They also help with the Cameo website and mobile app. Collaboration is important. Interns often partner with our sales, marketing and data teams to make the Cameo experience fun and engaging, which help us deliver magical moments every day.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited four-year university in Computer Science or a related programming degree
- Prior programming internship experience
- Available to work starting June 2022 through August 2022
- Expected graduation date in 2023
What you bring to the table:
- Additional preferred experience includes but is not limited to: React or another front-end framework, e.g. Vue/Angular and ES6/Typescript
- Familiarity with the following languages and tools are a nice to have: Expo/React native, MongoDB/Redis/Elasticsearch and SQL, AWS/EKS/Kubernetes, Application Performance Monitoring (APM) such as Datadog or New Relic, and Python
- A strong growth mindset and curiosity to learn
- The ability to work well under pressure while displaying exceptional attention to detail
- A degree of adaptability and flexibility in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Prior experience and/or passion for consumer software products, or consumer marketplaces are a plus
The Cameo experience you can expect to receive in return:
- The ability to immerse yourself on one of Cameo’s engineering teams working on tangible products for our fans, talent and business clients
- A work from anywhere, remote environment
- A chance to work alongside a dedicated mentor who will bring you up to speed with our modern web tech stack and teach you industry best practices
- Weekly lunch and learns with department heads across the company to experience the ins and outs of a high growth startup
- Weekly technical and product presentations
- An opportunity to convert to full time
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.
We are working on becoming compliant with Colorado regulations. Until then, this role can not be performed in Colorado.