At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite comedians, actors, athletes, and more.... not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious, open minded, and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from anywhere. We’re a global company with an entirely distributed team… so as long as you’ve got WiFi, let’s connect.
💰Get all good stuff. Health insurance, 401(K), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next outstanding tech company!
About the role:
At Cameo, our approach to Work From Anywhere (WFA) includes frequent and meaningful Fameo events, called Gatherings. We are seeking a Gatherings Manager to enhance and advance our employee experience philosophy as we grow. Reporting to the Head of Personnel (i.e. Employee Talent Management), this role will be responsible for establishing our offsite and employee experience strategy and applying it across all internal events, including in-person, virtual, and hybrid. The ideal candidate has a background in Event Management and Employee Experience and appreciates how crucial this role is to organizational success and morale.
Your initiatives will center around three key areas:
- Determining our approach to how, when, and why we Gather
- Ensuring all employee events are fit for purpose and Cameo-ified
- Establishing best practices and metrics
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone knowledgeable in employee experience and culture to lead and drive the thinking for Cameo.
What you’ll be doing:
- Evolve current employee experience and offsite philosophy to align with current and future business needs
- Strategize, organize, and execute events across Cameo, varying in headcount, location, and in-person vs virtual structure
- Using your creativity to incorporate our Talent - think Kenny G playing our All Company meeting or a Housewife leading a virtual workout class
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure best practices and standards are shared and upheld across all events
- Work closely with our Finance team to establish budgets across different event types, functions, and needs and hold stakeholders accountable to them
- Develop surveys, metrics, and reporting to track success and look for ways to continuously improve our events
- Able to travel for business (approximately 40%) and work a flexible schedule
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience in event planning or employee engagement
- Able to multitask and strategize amidst changing priorities
- Positive and collaborative approach - a true people person!
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, within a team, and across internal and external stakeholders and vendors
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Be willing to roll-up your sleeves, we are still a startup after all!
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.
We are working on becoming compliant with Colorado regulations. Until then, this role can not be performed in Colorado.