At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our global platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite stars and creators and through our Cameo for Business platform, all companies can now leverage the power of celebrity at scale. The key to our success? Our outstanding Cameo Fameo. The people behind the scenes, spreading joy to our talent and their fans - as well as their fellow colleagues - each and every day.
From product marketers to talent relations managers, software engineers and recruiters, the Cameo team is made up of the brightest minds in the biz. As we grow, our core values and startup mentality remain; we value creativity, hard work, collaboration, direct dialogue and feedback, and the continued development of our people. We are a fully distributed, highly connected company (TL;DR no company offices < plenty of company gatherings). For more information, please visit careers.cameo.com.
Our team is guided by four core values, and we like to share them early on to set the stage!
- Roll out the Red Carpet - Do you welcome everyone just as they are?
- Make it Memorable - When was the last time you said, "wow, that sh!t was cool!"
- Run Through Walls - How do you create purpose from challenge?
- Fight for Simplicity - Get comfortable with saying no and intentional when saying yes.
A few more things to consider:
👋 Our employees are called the Cameo Fameo, and our team means everything to us. Join smart, curious, humble individuals from all over the world and experience what it’s like to love where you work.
🏆 Humble brag - we’re honored to be named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company, and recently raised a $100M Series C.
🌎 Trade those commute hours for more time to do what makes YOU happy. We're a Work From Anywhere in the U.S company, with an entirely distributed team, so as long as you’ve got WiFi, you’re perfect to us. Don’t worry, we find ample time throughout the year to come together and celebrate our wins IRL!
About the Role:
As an intern on the Talent Acquisition Team (UK/Europe) you will support the Talent Acquisition initiatives to prospect for and acquire celebrities in many different verticals (Actors, Athletes, Musicians, Creators, etc.). Our team works with UK-based and European celebrities to enable them to connect with their fans, raise money for charity, and develop an additional revenue stream for themselves. A keen professional interest in talent and technology, diligent work ethic and an appetite to learn on the job will be essential to success. We are open to anyone passionate about the entertainment industry!
In this role,In this role, you will source leads for prospective Cameo talent to hand over the the Talent Acquisition team. Cameo is a magical place for talent and fans, and you will assist in sourcing talent to provide these memorable moments on our platform. You will possess an ability to quickly develop positive relationships with both your colleagues and Cameo talent. This internship is a three-month initial contract role, and since Cameo is currently experiencing rapid growth in this region it represents a fantastic opportunity to become a full-time role if the successful candidate can demonstrate outstanding results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Make a significant impact towards talent acquisition efforts, helping to source, identify and book new talent by assisting in the prospecting process.
- Serve as support for all things related to growing the UK and European market - a standout performer in the role will find opportunities for talent to adopt relevant new products to demonstrate the full breadth of the cameo platform in alignment with their goals.
- Make an impact on Talent Acquisition by educating Talent on our Talent referral program, proactively identifying people that would be an excellent fit for Cameo.
- Collaborate with your peers to get major wins across the finish line.
- Use Salesforce extensively to stay organized.
What you bring to the table:
- Proven passion or experience in the Talent and/or Entertainment industry and basic knowledge of the UK talent market is a must - bonus points for expertise, and language proficiency in other European markets (i.e., France, Italy, Spain, etc.).
- You have experience and a basic understanding of day-to-day tools such as Google Docs, Gmail, Google Calendar, and CRMs.
- Stay on top of social trends across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat - you know who’s hot and who’s not!
- An eye for identifying emerging talent and to develop lead lists through forensic research.
- Ability to find opportunities to increase existing talent revenue.
- Exemplify all of our core values, most importantly, “Run Through Walls” and “Roll Out the Red Carpet”.
- You bring humility and compassion to work every day.
- You are receptive to feedback, mentorship and strategic realignment when necessary.
- Ability to adapt to a culture of an ever-growing rocketship company that embraces and commits to change.
- You make work fun by coming into work with a sense of humor and positive work ethic.
This is a paid role with an immediate start date.
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.