At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite comedians, actors, athletes, and more.... not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious, and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from anywhere in the U.S. We’re a remote first company with an entirely distributed team.
💰Get all good stuff. Health insurance, 401(K), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next outstanding tech company!
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profile
About the role
As a Staff/Senior Search Engineer, you'll support our company mission by redefining how fans search and discover our content across multiple product areas. Whether it's improving our query understanding, utilizing our knowledge graph for metadata augmentation, optimizing precision through learning-to-rank, or aiding recall via query rewriting, you will have many opportunities to create memorable experiences for millions of fans. To achieve this, you will partner with product, analytics, and data platform teams to understand user pain points, build roadmaps, ship features, and evaluate our impact on business metrics.
What you'll be asked to do
- Augment our query rewriting techniques by utilizing synonyms, spell correction, knowledge graph augmentation, and query to query similarity.
- Design and implement efficient ranking algorithms and models that optimize for multiple objective functions.
- Build an offline system to understand the effects of ranking changes on our key metrics without needing to go to production.
- Evolve our query understanding by combining named-entity recognition models with our user profile metadata.
- Develop machine learning models to improve our ranking precision, classify incoming queries, and personalize the results based on a user's preferences and intent.
- Work closely with partner teams to help establish Search as a platform and power products across the engineering organization.
- Contribute to our nascent, federated GraphQL API by building scalable, documented, and long-lasting entry-points.
What you'll bring to the table
- 5+ years of industry experience in information retrieval, natural language processing, and data mining.
- Deep domain expertise with search-related technologies such as Elasticsearch, Solr or Lucene.
- Experience with search ranking quality evaluation and metric-driven ranking tuning techniques.
- Strong proficiency with backend development, service-oriented architecture, SQL/NoSQL datastores, and event-driven systems.
- Knowledge of end-to-end ingestion pipelines, both batch and realtime, that are low latency and easy to reason about.
- Self-motivation, great communication skills and a team player attitude.
- Bonus: Experience with localization and multiple language support.
- Bonus: Hands-on experience implementing production machine learning systems at scale in Python, Java, Scala, or similar languages.
- Bonus: Understanding of Knowledge Graphs for document understanding and ranking.
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.
We are working on becoming compliant with Colorado regulations. Until then, this role can not be performed in Colorado.