At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite comedians, actors, athletes and more.... not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from practically anywhere. We’re a global company with an entirely distributed team… so as long as you’ve got WiFi, let’s chat.
💰Get all good stuff. Health insurance, 401(K), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!
About the role:
The Music Team Manager (acquisition team) will be responsible for the music-focused sales team that acquires and onboard artists and music talent to help connect with their fans, raise money for charity, and build an additional revenue stream for themselves. Having extensive experience working in sales and partnerships will lead you to be a role model and inspiring leader in the Cameo Talent Org! This role will mentor the team to be able to acquire phenomenal Talent at scale using creative and ground-breaking methods.
The Music Team Manager will implement processes, maintain team culture and help set targets to help reach company performance goals. This leader will work directly with the music team and sales leaders and use strategic sales tactics and initiatives to continuously improve and support the team. Cameo is a magnificent place for talent and fans, and this role will help support the education of the team on how to position the value proposition of joining Cameo to talent and provide suggestions on how to build an outstanding experience for talent. Having a tremendous Talent IQ is a must as well as being deeply passionate about music to identify who will be the best talent.
What you’ll be doing:
- Make a significant impact on our music talent acquisition efforts, acquiring strategic and emerging Talent for the Cameo platform.
- Support in rolling out our forecasting model with your team, making sure everyone is held accountable for their goals and performance
- Encourage collaboration in your team and cross-vertical (with sports and entertainment) to get major wins across the finish line
- Hold the team accountable for Salesforce hygiene and organization, coaching them on consistent standard methodologies
- Make an immediate impact for the team by supporting partnerships with agents, managers, publicists, and referral partners in order to onboard their own networks.
- Support all product/SKU launches as a catalyst to bring on new talent, making sure that your team are advised and educated about the benefits and
- Support continuous takeaways and improvements of the sales team, sharing excellent feedback and insights with the other sales leaders
- Organize and lead cross-functional initiatives between the marketing and product team, use your insight and experience to improve various channels within the business
- Maintain rules of engagement and continuously assess the success of ROE amongst the team in creating a harmonious work environment
- Ensure targets are delivered through people management, performance review, reward, and individual recognition
- Surface appropriate initiatives and insights from your team in Talent Leadership meetings to make sure the team are able to make informed and appropriate decisions
- Work closely with the sales operations team to understand targets, company performance, and additional levers to pull on the talent team
What you bring to the table:
- 5 years sales experience with at least 1+ years leading quota-carrying sales teams
- History of success in sales (exceeding quotas, revenue targets, progressive career, President's club, etc)
- Extensive experience identifying emerging talent within your team
- Passion and deep knowledge within the music sector are a must. Experience working for the music industry is highly preferred.
- Experience forming partnerships with large corporations (charities and agencies included)
- Exemplify all of our core values, most importantly, “Run Through Walls” and “Roll Out the Red Carpet”.
- Bring humility and compassion to work daily.
- Receptive to feedback, coaching, strategic realignment when necessary, and lead with no ego.
- Lead with compassion and empathy and have Cameos best interest at heart when setting goals and metrics for your team
- Ability to adapt to a culture of an ever-growing rocketship company that embraces and commits to change.
- Make work fun by coming into work with a sense of humor and positive work ethic
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.
We are working on becoming compliant with Colorado regulations. Until then, this role can not be performed in Colorado.