At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from almost anywhere in the US. We’re a global fully distributed company.
💰Get all good stuff. Competitive salaries, Equity, Health insurance, 401(K), and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profile
As a Tech Lead for our mobile engineering team, you will help level up Cameo's React Native iOS & Android applications for fans and talent users alike. You will use your vast experience in iOS and/or Android to transform the way Cameo approaches developing, testing, and evaluating the success of new features within our application. The majority of the Cameo application is written in TypeScript today, and we are pushing to convert pieces to Swift/ObjectiveC - Java/Kotlin in order to achieve better performance and user experience. In this role you will lead the way with native implementation at Cameo and transform Cameo's mobile app into a world class app which is featured in the App & Google Play Stores in 2021.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will lead our Mobile engineering team, and work to build out performant native features on iOS & Android to help Celebrities using the Cameo app have a 10/10 experience interacting with their fans.
- You’ll own the planning process for the growth of Cameo’s mobile application.
- You will act as technical project manager, guiding the Mobile team in planning projects and writing effective tickets.
- Serve as our expert in diagnosing performance issues within our mobile application.
- Work to level-up observibility of our mobile app.
- You will help recruit, interview, and onboard additional native engineers.
- You will author and review mobile technical specifications detailing improvements to the mobile platform.
- You will lead the way on improving DX for mobile engineers at Cameo.
- Iterating on our mobile deployment pipeline.
A few things about yourself:
- You take pride in your work
- You are a self leader
- You have a strong product sense
- You are a leader
- You are a doer who is comfortable with ambiguity
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset
Things we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience working in Swift/ObjectiveC and/or Java/Kotlin
- 3+ years of experience in people management
- CI/CD experience in the mobile ecosystem
- React Native, TypeScript, Fastlane, and/or CircleCI experience is a plus
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.
We are working on becoming compliant with Colorado regulations. Until then, this role can not be performed in Colorado.