At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from almost anywhere. We’re a global fully distributed company.
💰Get all good stuff. Competitive salaries, Equity, Health insurance, 401(K), and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profile
About the role:
As a Principal Engineer you will be one of the most senior engineers on the team, directly impacting the entire tech organization at Cameo.
This role is still hands on keyboard, shipping code to production. You will own large sections of the codebase, set medium-long term technical direction, and multiply the effectiveness of the team through tools, processes, and mentorship. We are looking for someone who has the ability to align and arbitrate good ideas, and build the path forward for the team!
Most importantly, your job is to inspire. You're an advocate for the Cameo tech team both internally and externally via talks and blog posts. You celebrate and raise up not only your own work, but the work of your teammates. You raise the technical bar across the organization and are never afraid to tackle the most difficult problems! People apply to Cameo in part because they want to work alongside you.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, build and improve APIs, services, and systems across Cameo’s engineering teams
- Help scale our backend architecture and migrate to a service-oriented future
- Ensure standards for engineering excellence, scalability, reliability, and reusability
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Mentor junior engineers and build new engineering leaders for the organization
What you bring to the table:
- 8 - 10+ years of professional engineering experience building scalable, resilient backend systems
- Proficiency in concepts related to data modeling, data storage (SQL, NoSQL), data streaming (Kafka, Kinesis), and caching (Redis)
- Enjoy, and have experience building, efficient, typesafe and documented APIs (gRPC, Thrift, GraphQL, Swagger, JSON:API)
- You are able to take complex product goals and efficiently deliver working software in logically consumable pieces and on schedule
- Ability to work with ambiguity, and bring creative solutions forward
- You are a builder’s builder - you enjoy working on problems that are difficult to solve
- You are someone that team members look up to you and see as a mentor
- A commitment to Inclusion, Equity and Diversity
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.
We are working on becoming compliant with Colorado regulations. Until then, this role can not be performed in Colorado.