At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite comedians, actors, athletes, and more.... not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious, and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from anywhere in the U.S. We’re a remote first company with an entirely distributed team.
💰Get all good stuff. Health insurance, 401(K), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next outstanding tech company!
About the role:
Come join us in our mission to create the most personalized and authentic fan connections on earth.
We are looking for an experienced Product Analyst to partner with product teams building the new innovative products in our business. This role will report into the Head of Product Analytics and will work closely and be a core thought-partner to the cross-functional team including, product managers, technical engineering leads, user experience / design.
This person will be responsible for surfacing critical insights to support the product development and iteration. In addition, they will also own setting success measures, designing and evaluating A/B tests, and helping implement data infrastructure to support the needs of the new business.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills. This person will apply a hypothesis based approach and apply strong business intuition in their day-to-day work. They would have eagerness to work cross-functionally, curiosity to learn more every day, and patience to work through difficult problems to ultimately inform and influence product decisions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive insight and innovation by partnering with our New Product cross-functional team, including Product Management, Engineering and User Experience / Design, build a rapport and be a trusted advisor to team members; Use the analytical perspective to inform the road-map of the growth-focused cross-functional team, and help drive a ruthless focus on the most impactful ideas.
- Help the cross-functional product team define and measure success; Own defining metrics and KPIs, socializing them across the organization; Help the team understand whether what it is doing is moving the needle on its success metric
- Partner with Data Platform to implement / construct, but serve as the expert for the success metrics by understanding how data collection is instrumented in the product, how it flows through our ETL pipeline and is aggregated, and how metrics are defined in our analytics platform. Design (and construct as needed) the core dashboards, visualizations and analyses to help stakeholders monitor product health and make better decisions
- Proactively explore data, and alternatively for incoming requests, navigate ambiguity and formulate hypotheses; Conduct quantitative analysis of user behavior to uncover issues or opportunities to improve the our customers’ experience to inform specific, near-term actionable experiment designs or product decisions or longer term product strategy; Partner with Product and produce analysis to inform estimated feature success.
- Own the design, execution, and analysis of experiments to enable data-driven decision making; Design rigorous experiments based on hypotheses from strategic analyses; Analyze the results of experiments to determine what should launch or not. Learn from and iterate on those experiments by identifying additional opportunities to drive growth.
- Communicate insights to stakeholders distilling complex analysis into accessible learnings, with a data-driven point of view and plan for action. Deliver effective presentations to influence multiple levels of stakeholders.
- Be a driving influencer on the use and application of analysis; deliver what’s needed, and show what’s possible; Be an advocate for analytics by educating and advocating for data driven decision making
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience working in the product analytics space
- Strong experience designing and assessing the impact of A/B experiments in a product development cycle
- Ability to write performant, complex SQL queries combining multiple sources of data
- Confidence using a variety of analytical and statistical techniques
- Knowledge of analytical tools such as Amplitude, Tableau, Looker, Git , DBT, or similar; Bonus points for strength with R / Python
- Practical experience in a business environment influencing decision making with data
- Excellent communication, storytelling, and collaboration skills
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks
- Humility and compassion; Sense of humor and a strong work ethic
Above and Beyond Qualifications:
- Passionate about the role of data in helping solve complex questions
- Demonstrated passion for building products that delight customers and drive their success
- Experience working at, or strong understanding of, a 2-sided marketplace business
- ‘What’s right for the business’ mindset, ‘hypothesis first’ approach to defining and solving problems
- History of proven success (progressive career, promotions, etc), and ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Passion for Cameo; Ability to adapt to a culture of an ever-growing rocketship company that embraces and commits to change
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.
We are working on becoming compliant with Colorado regulations. Until then, this role can not be performed in Colorado.