At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from anywhere in the U.S. We’re a remote first company with an entirely distributed team.
💰Get all good stuff. Competitive salaries, Equity, Health insurance, 401(K), and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profile
As our first Android Engineer, you will transform Cameo's React Native Android application for fans and talent users alike. You will use your vast experience in Java, and/or Kotlin to transform the way Cameo approaches developing, testing, and evaluating the success of new features within their application. The majority of the Cameo application is written in TypeScript today, and we are pushing to convert pieces to Java/Kotlin in order to achieve better performance and user experience. In this role you will lead the way with native implementation at Cameo and transform Cameo's mobile app into a world class app which is featured in the Google Play Store in 2021.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will join our Talent Experience product engineering team, and work to build out performant native features in Java or Kotlin to help Celebrities using the Cameo app have a 10/10 experience interacting with their fans.
- Serve as our expert in diagnosing performance issues within our mobile application.
- Work to level-up observibility of our mobile app.
- You will help recruit, interview, and onboard 1-2 additional specialists.
- You will author mobile technical specifications detailing improvements to the mobile platform.
A few things about yourself:
- You take pride in your work
- You are a self leader
- You have a strong product sense
- You are a doer who is comfortable with ambiguity
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset
Things we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- 3+ years of experience working in Java or Kotlin
- CI/CD in the Android ecosystem is a plus
- React Native or TypeScript experience is a plus
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.
We are working on becoming compliant with Colorado regulations. Until then, this role can not be performed in Colorado.