At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from almost anywhere. We’re a global fully distributed company.
💰Get all good stuff. Competitive salaries, Equity, Health insurance, 401(K), and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profile
About the role
As a Sr. Machine Learning Engineer on the Search & Discovery team, you’ll support our company mission by redefining how fans search and discover our content across multiple product areas. Whether it's through a fully personalized homepage, suggesting relevant products on our detail pages, improving our query understanding, or surfacing the most interesting cameos through our content feed, you will have many opportunities to create memorable experiences for all of our fans. To achieve this, you will partner with product, analytics, and data platform teams to understand user needs, develop KPIs, build roadmaps, and create the models and infrastructure necessary to deploy them.
What you'll be doing
- Work closely with partner teams to help establish search & recommendations as a platform and power products across the engineering organization.
- Improve the core search experience through query understanding, result ranking, and query recommendations.
- Analyze Cameo's data streams to create trending algorithms that power internal and external products.
- Participate in the full development cycle of ML products and tools- from technical design to a/b test deployment.
- Surface personalized homepage content by taking into consideration the various stakeholders of our marketplace through the use of multi-objective models.
- Clustering, ranking, and recommending the most viral and impactful cameos in our newly created content feed.
- Collaborate with our data platform team to identify third-party data sources to augment our metadata store.
What you'll bring to the table
- 5+ years of experience as a Machine Learning, Search, Data, or Software Engineer developing production code.
- Enjoy applying theory to develop real-world applications, with experience and expertise in machine learning algorithms.
- Major contributions to systems focused on product recommendations, information retrieval, search ranking, deep learning to match, knowledge graphs, or content feeds.
- Experience in working with Tensorflow, Caffe/Caffe2, Pytorch, Keras, MXNet, or Scikit-Learn.
- Hands-on experience implementing production machine learning systems at scale in Python, Java, Scala, or similar languages.
- Self-motivation, great communication skills and team player.
- Bonus: Experience in ETL pipelines, both batch and real-time data processing.
- Bonus: Strong proficiency with backend development, service-oriented architecture technology, and SQL/NoSQL datastores.
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.