At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more (the talent), and it helps talent build authentic relationships with their fans; it’s pretty magical! So far, we've helped 30,000+ talent create more than 2,000,000 magical moments for their biggest fans and are rolling out new ways for talent and fans to connect.
🦄 We announced Series C funding in March 2021, which valued Cameo at $1B and we’re now looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help us on the journey to the next level.
🚀 We celebrate our #CameoFameo every day. Join a stellar team of smart, curious, and driven people working together to make this rocket go.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from almost anywhere. We're global with a fully remote workforce, though we’ll get together in person on a regular basis as it becomes safe to do so. As long as you’ve got reliable WiFi, let’s chat.
💰 Get all good stuff. Competitive salaries, Equity, Health insurance, 401(K), and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!
The Team - Talent Analytics
Cameo is committed to making analytics a core competency and source of competitive advantage. The Talent Analytics team is at the heart of that effort. Our mission is to understand how Cameo’s marketplace works and turn that understanding into impactful insights for three core customers:
- Talent - the famous people on Cameo
- Talent Acquisition - the people who bring new Talent to Cameo
- Talent Relations - the people who Roll out the Red Carpet for Talent every day
To do this, Talent Analytics develops unique data sets, analyses structured and unstructured data, and synthesizes business-changing insights in terms our customers understand. We measure our success based on whether our recommendations are adopted and ultimately move the needle for both talent and Cameo. The types of questions Talent Analytics answers include: what is the ideal price for a Talent? Which Talent should we bring onto the platform next? What can Talent do to improve fan happiness? What’s the best use of our Talent Relations team’s time?
This role is ideal for an experienced, client-centric analyst or data scientist who can operate comfortably in both technical and non-technical realms and distill complex analyses into concrete advice for the business. You will be responsible for identifying and scoping projects, setting success measures, designing and conducting experiments and analyses, and working between the business and data infrastructure teams to ensure your findings get into production and improve talent performance. You should be comfortable operating across the technical stack. This role reports to the Head of Talent Analytics & Insights and will work closely with teams whose objectives are to support the Talent on Cameo at scale via recommending product changes and providing automated insights to Talent.
What you’ll do
- Be a trusted thought partner to Cameo’s Talent Success organization
- Originate and execute strategic analyses that inform key business and product decisions
- Synthesize findings for a wide array of internal and external audiences
- Drive innovation into the product and business processes that support Talent
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and build self-service tools to support the Talent Success team
- Build models to provide advice to Talent on how to improve their performance on the platform
- Partner with data and product engineers to to implement the needed infrastructure to support on-going operations
What you bring to the table
- 2-5+ years experience in analytics, data science, or consulting with an analytical focus
- High energy, positive attitude and commitment to Cameo’s values
- Comfort working in a demanding, fast-moving, and fully-remote environment
- Experience structuring and delivering strategic projects, leveraging advanced technical methodologies
- Knowledge of how to craft a compelling narrative from analytical insights
- Comfort presenting insights in an understandable way to all types of stakeholders (Talent, Executives, technical teams, front-line colleagues)
- Intrinsic motivation and ability to learn new skills
- Curiosity about how Cameo’s three-party market works for all parties
- Fluency in modern programming paradigms and data manipulation. Fluency in Python, SQL, and Tableau or Looker preferred.
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.