At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from almost anywhere. We’re a global fully distributed company.
💰Get all good stuff. Competitive salaries, Equity, Health insurance, 401(K), and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profile
About the role:
In this role you have opportunities to influence and work on building Cameo’s core Data foundation, both on the data platform and platform-level data products. Your work will drive deep insight into our business, products & users, as well as enable data driven user-facing products.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, build and improve core data platform and pipelines that consist of in-house event collection pipeline, messaging & stream processing platform(Kafka), stream processing pipelines (Kafka, Spark), Schema management infrastructure & tools, Data lake integration (Snowflake) and various other related technologies.
- Design, build and improve higher level tools & services to make the platform and data accessible to everyone.
- Conceptualize and build platform-level data products that leverage raw data, apply heuristics and/or machine-learning, to bring relevancy and delightfulness to user-facing products.
- Help scale our platform and pipeline to handle 100x scale.
- Ensure standards for engineering excellence, scalability, reliability, and reusability
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Mentor junior engineers and build new engineering leaders for the organization
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience building scalable, resilient backend systems.
- World-class problem solving skills and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience working on, and deploying & managing large scale systems in Java, Python or other similar languages.
- Experience and deep understanding of Kafka or other messaging, queuing and stream processing concepts or systems such as Kafka-Stream, Spark.
- Familiarity with architecture of event collection pipelines and analytical data stores such as Snowflake.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- You are able to take complex product goals and efficiently deliver working software in logically consumable pieces and on schedule.
- Possess excellent practical judgement. You should know how to effectively allocate your time when solving hard problems
- You take pride in your work
- You enjoy working with fun people
Bonus points if you have experience or are eager to learn about:
- AWS ecosystem
- Test- or Behavior-Driven Development (TDD, BDD) practices
- ETL workflow management and orchestration system (Airflow)
- Datastores such as MongoDb, Postgres
- Information security standards & methodologies
- Container (Docker) and container orchestration experience (Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Experience designing and building personalization and recommendation systems.
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.