Associate, Business Operations & Strategy
At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite comedians, actors, athletes, and more.... not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious, open minded, and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from anywhere. We’re a global company with an entirely distributed team… so as long as you’ve got WiFi, let’s connect.
💰Get all good stuff. Health insurance, 401(K), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next outstanding tech company!
About the role:
BizOps & Strategy is a growing team that partners with Cameo’s leaders to drive results through critical initiatives, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and core processes that define company strategy. We are a lean but mighty team of analytically-minded and strategic professionals with a nose for value creation.
In this role, you will report to the Lead, Business Operations & Strategy, and work closely with other functional business leaders to drive immediate impact from Day 1. This is a highly visible role with routine exposure to key company leaders.
The ideal candidate is an analytical rockstar who is looking to deepen their strategic toolkit and gain hands-on experience at a hyper-growth consumer tech company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identify, scope, and execute critical initiatives that have high potential business impact to Cameo (e.g., new market entry, scalable sales strategy, new monetization levers)
- Partner with leaders in Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations, Finance, B2B, and other business units to accelerate progress on cross-functional initiatives
- Support core business processes including annual/quarterly planning, operational target setting, weekly C-Suite reporting, All Hands, etc.
- Provide data-driven recommendations on critical questions posed by Cameo’s exec team; utilize hypothesis-driven thinking to efficiently solve ambiguous problems
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of Cameo’s business to understand key value drivers and opportunities for improvement/investment
- Build a perspective on more long-term existential threats and industry trends that have downstream implications to Cameo’s overall strategy
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years of experience in a fast-paced analytical role (e.g., Management Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity, Corporate Strategy, etc.)
- 2+ years experience with Excel, PowerPoint
- 1+ year experience with SQL
- BA/BS in economics, statistics, engineering, CS or affinities
- Experience in consumer tech and/or marketplace companies
- Experience working with data and running simple statistical analyses
- Strong attention to detail to produce zero-defect business analysis
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and quickly build trust/rapport with others
- Ability to synthesize sophisticated concepts/analysis into digestible executive insights
- Team player who’s not afraid to roll up their sleeves (no job is too small or too big)
- History of proven success (progressive career, promotions, etc), and ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.