At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from almost anywhere. We’re a global, fully distributed company.
💰Get all good stuff. Competitive salaries, Equity, Health insurance, 401(K), and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!
About the role:
Passionate about the creator economy, pop culture, consumer tech, and the evolution of “fandom?” Curious what’s next for Cameo, and how we plan to build even deeper connections between talent and fans? The answer is exciting -- and exactly what you’ll dig into as Cameo’s first Communications Manager.
We’re looking for Cameo’s first Communications Manager to help build and scale our growing Communications team. You will report directly to Cameo’s Director of Communications, and work cross-functionally to help conceptualize, coordinate, and execute a range of Communications activities across a broad Comms program -- with a specific focus on telling Cameo’s evolving Product and Innovation story for fans and talent, alike. At a high level, you will be responsible for elevating Cameo’s user experience, product innovation, and vision for the platform as we define the future of the ‘connection economy’ on a global scale. From celebrity research and development storylines (!!), to product launches and thought leadership within Cameo’s growing product and tech orgs -- this is an exciting opportunity for the right person with proven Product Comms experience, a passion for storytelling, and an appetite for constant growth.
A few things about your role:
- Support the Director of Communications in building, executing, and measuring strategic communications plans related to Cameo’s evolving product ecosystem (fans and talent)
- Lead strategy, execution, and reporting for product announcements, R&D storytelling, product thought leadership and other cross-functional projects
- Integrate deeply in Cameo’s product and product marketing teams, reporting back on a weekly basis to ensure program-wide alignment
- Work cross-functionally with Product Marketing and Partnerships orgs to help launch new fan and talent experiences to consumer tech, fan, brand, and talent audiences
- Work closely with our Sr. Associate to align Product with Consumer Communications initiatives
- Build out Cameo’s blog content with regular spotlights on new features, updates, and rollouts
- Help secure and execute thought leadership opportunities for relevant executives
- Manage an evergreen editorial calendar, including timing for launches, beta testing, thought leadership, etc.
- Help manage Cameo’s agency partners around key portfolio initiatives and programs
- Quickly and successfully assess and follow through on valuable media requests in a tactful, pleasant and professional manner
- Develop press materials including media alerts, pitches, media lists, briefing documents, press kits, coverage reports, internal emails and product FAQs
- Stay up to date on the latest industry trends -- especially related to the entertainment and creator economies
Things we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in PR/Communications or a related field
- At least 5 years of Communications experience with a proven track record building plans and securing coverage across product, partner and tech communications -- preferably in-house and/or at a top public relations firm
- Creative, proactive storyteller who can execute quickly and take an idea from conception to completion with limited oversight
- Proven experience creating compelling product storylines, independently placing stories, and building meaningful media relationships
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to tailor communications to multiple audiences with ease
- Passionate about staying current on industry news and trends
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
All salary ranges are dependent on individual experience and expectations. Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity