At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite comedians, actors, athletes, and more.... not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious, open minded, and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from anywhere. We’re a global company with an entirely distributed team… so as long as you’ve got WiFi, let’s connect.
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next outstanding tech company!
About the Role:
As an intern on the Talent Relations Team (UK/Europe) you will support the Talent Relations initiatives to manage and support celebrities in many different verticals (Actors, Athletes, Musicians, Creators, etc.) Our team works with UK-based and European celebrities to enable them to connect with their fans, raise money for charity, and develop an additional revenue stream for themselves. A keen professional interest in talent and technology, diligent work ethic and an appetite to learn on the job will be essential to success. We are open to anyone passionate about the entertainment industry!
In this role, you will provide support to existing Cameo talent to help them maximise income according to Cameo’s growth strategy and talent objectives. Cameo is a magical place for talent and fans, and you will assist in talent to achieve their potential on our platform. You will possess an ability to quickly develop positive relationships with both your colleagues and Cameo talent. This internship is a three-month initial contract role, and since Cameo is currently experiencing rapid growth in this region it represents a fantastic opportunity to become a full-time role if the successful candidate can demonstrate outstanding results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Make a significant impact towards talent relations efforts, helping to get new talent off to a flying start by developing promotional materials and by identifying and introducing new monetization opportunities to existing talent.
- Serve as support for all things related to growing the UK and European market - a standout performer in the role will find opportunities for talent to adopt relevant new products to demonstrate the full breadth of the cameo platform in alignment with their goals.
- Make an impact on Talent acquisition by educating Talent on our Talent referral program, proactively identifying people that would be an excellent fit for Cameo.
- Collaborate with your peers to get major wins across the finish line.
- Use Salesforce extensively to stay organized.
What you bring to the table:
- Proven passion or experience in the Talent and/or Entertainment industry and basic knowledge of the UK talent market is a must - bonus points for expertise, and language proficiency in other European markets (i.e., France, Italy, Spain, etc.).
- You have experience and a basic understanding of day-to-day tools such as Google Docs, Gmail, Google Calendar, and CRMs.
- Stay on top of social trends across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat - you know who’s hot and who’s not!
- An eye for identifying emerging talent and to develop lead lists through forensic research.
- Ability to find opportunities to increase existing talent revenue.
- Exemplify all of our core values, most importantly, “Run Through Walls” and “Roll Out the Red Carpet”.
- You bring humility and compassion to work every day.
- You are receptive to feedback, mentorship and strategic realignment when necessary.
- Ability to adapt to a culture of an ever-growing rocketship company that embraces and commits to change.
- You make work fun by coming into work with a sense of humor and positive work ethic.
This is a paid role with an immediate start date.
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.