At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from almost anywhere. We’re a global fully distributed company.
💰Get all good stuff. Competitive salaries, Equity, Health insurance, 401(K), and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!
About the role:
As our Senior Copywriter, you will be joining our in-house creative team to implement a clear, concise, and compelling brand messaging strategy across all customer and talent touch points, from paid ads, social media channels, email, and product. You will partner with our in-house team of designers and our outside partners to consistently ensure our brand sounds and feels full of Cameo personality. The ideal candidate enjoys jumping on new opportunities, has a beat on culture and nostalgia, and works fast and flexibly to get the job done. We think this is a dream job for an extremely creative, goal-oriented designer and could not be more excited to work together!
An online portfolio is required.
Where You Come In
- Collaborate with marketing organization to determine the conceptual and copy direction of Cameo’s branding, marketing, and advertising initiatives.
- Brainstorms, concept, collaborate, comp, and present innovative creative marketing and advertising work that elevates the brand while netting measurable results.
- Work with in-house creative team and outside partners to create marketing assets for all customer and talent touchpoints, including digital marketing (email, web banners, digital experiences, social assets, etc.), product messaging (in-app modules, push notifications, product feature copy, etc.), internal communication, etc.
- Develop a robust copywriting process that allows for maximum alignment.
- Translate creative direction and copy points from creative briefs into engaging and effective copy concepts.
- Be a steward of and maintain the Cameo brand across all channels, maintaining consistent creative quality while applying brand guidelines.
- Creative evolution – stay up to date with branding and advertising in all mediums
What It Takes To Succeed
- 6+ years of copywriting experience in an advertising or in-house creative role.
- Experience with consumer product brands is preferred.
- Experience writing for multiple mediums including digital, print, product, TV and OOH.
- Mastery of written communication, both short- and long-form, and ability to present and sell creative ideas.
- An understanding of the pop culture and entertainment latest trends and their role within a commercial environment.
- Ability to actively contribute to strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution.
- Ability to identify long-term opportunities and challenges while shepherding shorter-term projects.
- Ability to manage highly interdependent projects and keep various work streams on track.
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.