Our mission is to create the most personalized and authentic fan experiences on earth. We're a marketplace where fans can book personalized video shout-outs from their favorite people. We've helped create over 2,000,000 magical moments for our customers and built a marketplace for over 30,000 talent to connect with their biggest fans. We’re breaking down the exclusivity myth of celebrity by building personal relationships between fans and talent.
Cameo is one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For and also recognized on TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies list. We were featured on Saturday Night Live twice just this December.
We announced Series C in March 2021, making Cameo one of the only Unicorn companies on earth.
We are looking for a self-motivated and proactive 2L for Summer 2021 (with the option for an early Spring 2021 start) to assist Cameo’s in-house attorneys and outside counsel. The desired candidate will ensure the smooth running of the legal team, demonstrate effective matter management, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Qualifications and attributes we are searching for in a candidate include:
- experience and interest in intellectual property, privacy, corporate law, and contracts;
- familiarity with Microsoft Office and document redlining;
- experience in or passion for tech;
- attention to detail, dedication, flexibility, and focus;
- ability to follow internal procedures for Legal support of the business and research relevant information to facilitate effective matter management;
- familiarity with the pace and concentration necessary to work efficiently in a blitz-scaling startup business;
- ability to quickly turn assignments around;
- experienced in social media (especially Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok and Twitter); and
- legal writing experience as demonstrated by participation in Law Review, Journal, or previous publications
Commitment and logistics of the position include:
- Fully remote work
- Beginning summer of 2021, unless there is interest to work part-time during the Spring 2021 semester;
- Availability of 40 hours per week (at least 20 during the Spring), including occasional nights and weekends as needed; and
- Payment of US$20/hour.