At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite comedians, actors, athletes, and more.... not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious, open minded, and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from anywhere. We’re a global company with an entirely distributed team… so as long as you’ve got WiFi, let’s connect.
💰Get all good stuff. Health insurance, 401(K), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next outstanding tech company!
What you’ll be founding:
This year, with the other HRBP, you founded the Employee Relations function at Cameo. Although you only started in this role in Q2, by the end of the year, you have developed not only competence but also world class approaches to People practices that have resulted in positive recognition from our employees and from our leadership team.
About the role:
The HR Business Partner will be working cross functionally to support various teams at Cameo. In this role you will be responsible for working with Cameo’s Talent, Marketing, Cameo For Business, Legal, and Finance Teams to align business objectives with People Strategies. The HR Business Partner is the consummate connector- connecting the initiatives that are priorities from the People team to the business and, as importantly, connecting the business needs back to the People team to create solutions. The HRBP will also work closely with the legal team to monitor compliance and manage risk related to employees. In this role, you will report to the Chief People Officer, and partner with multiple other leaders in the organization. You will work closely with the functional leads on the People team to ensure the needs of your employees are being considered as they build best-in-class processes to strengthen the foundation of the business while preparing for continuous growth. You will balance a consultative approach with passion for details that will make you a thought partner to the CPO, a trusted leader on the People team, and a valuable partner to the entire organization.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a thought partner to the CPO on Cameo’s People plan and execution, focusing on how to create best-in-class, innovative approaches to hiring, onboarding, developing, motivating and rewarding the Cameo Fameo.
- Regularly meet with Cameo’s Talent, Marketing, Cameo For Business, Legal, and Finance teams to assess organizational health, seek employee feedback and input, and suggest solutions.
- Collect and provide written feedback of employee meetings.
- Create effective tools to help employees onboard and contribute as quickly and fully as possible to the team.
- Work collaboratively with the Cameo Legal team, and the People Team to reduce risk and help ensure compliance.
- Help brainstorm new and unique ways to enhance performance management, career development, and disciplinary actions
- Assist in providing unique ways to promote productivity and increase employee retention.
- Serve as a confidant, coach, and truth teller to leaders and managers in the organizations you support.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
What you bring to the table:
- You have excellent judgment and know how to respond to various situations and when to escalate them. Employee confidentiality and discretion are of utmost importance to you.
- You deliver feedback to more senior executives confidently.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills to build trust quickly
- Experience as an HR Business Partner serving multiple organizations that have varied needs- familiarity with standard concepts, practices, policies and procedures across Human Resources
- Exemplify all of our core values, most importantly, Roll Out the Red Carpet and Run Through Walls
- You know how to work with various cross-functional stakeholder groups at various levels.
- You have a history of proven success (progressive career, promotions, etc).
- You bring curiosity and business acumen to People initiatives.
- You are known for humility and compassion. You are receptive to feedback, mentoring, strategic realignment when needed, and lead with no ego.
- Ability to adapt to a culture of an ever-growing rocketship company that embraces and commits to change.
- You make work fun by coming into work with a sense of humor and a positive work ethic.
- Knowing how to work in Tableau, Zenefits, Greenhouse, and Sheets would be beneficial.
- SHRM certification
- Degree in Industrial and Labor Relations, Human Resources, Organizational Development, or Industrial/ Organizational Psychology
All salary ranges are dependent on individual experience and expectations. Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.