At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite comedians, actors, athletes, and more.... not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious, and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from anywhere in the U.S. We’re a remote first company with an entirely distributed team.
💰Get all good stuff. Health insurance, 401(K), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next outstanding tech company!
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profile
What you’ll be doing
- Design, build and improve APIs, services, and systems across Cameo’s payments teams
- Help scale our backend architecture and migrate to a service-oriented future
- Ensure standards for engineering excellence, scalability, reliability, and reusability
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Mentor junior engineers and build new engineering leaders for the organization
- Working closely with Customer Support
A few things about yourself:
- You have proficiency in concepts related to data modeling, data storage (SQL, NoSQL), data streaming (Kafka, Kinesis), and caching (Redis)
- You enjoy, and have experience building, efficient, typesafe and documented APIs (gRPC, Thrift, GraphQL, Swagger, JSON:API)
- You take pride in your work
- You have a strong product sense
- You enjoy working with fun people
- You have the ability to wear many hats
- You are a doer who is comfortable with ambiguity
Things we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- Experience working with major payment APIs such as Paypal, Stripe, Plaid, etc
- Experience with queueing technologies such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, Amazon SQS
- Varied Db experience (some of, not necessarily all) - Cassandra, DynamoDb, Neo4j, Mongo, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Understanding of software architecture an an eye for design
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.
We are working on becoming compliant with Colorado regulations. Until then, this role can not be performed in Colorado.