At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from almost anywhere. We’re a global fully distributed company.
💰Get all good stuff. Competitive salaries, Equity, Health insurance, 401(K), and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!
About the role
Cameo is seeking a Director of Talent Marketing to develop and build our first Talent Marketing team. Reporting to the SVP of Marketing, this role will be responsible for the marketing strategy and execution that enables talent growth and success on our platform. The ideal candidate has an extensive background in talent management and a deep understanding of the ever-changing media landscape. Your initiatives will center around three key areas 1) enabling talent to market themselves 2) sales and lead generation and 3) product and campaign onboarding and engagement. This is an outstanding opportunity for a hands-on, innovative leader excited to build and evolve the opportunity for talent on Cameo.
What you’ll do
- Develop marketing programs and collateral that generate Cameo awareness and product education to accelerate talent sales and onboarding onto our platform.
- Collaborate across multiple business units to develop and execute on platform growth strategies for our talent that align their goals and interests with Cameo’s critical initiatives.
- Partner with the Talent and Product teams to develop automated and scalable solutions for talent to promote to their fan bases and create memorable moments on Cameo.
- Build and manage relationships and work effectively with talent, executive producers, publicists, agents, managers and media outlets.
- Partner closely with the Brand Marketing team to identify and collaborate on Talent driven marketing partnerships and campaigns.
- Develop lifecycle marketing communication strategies to enhance our talent community and keep them engaged on the platform.
- Conduct and synthesize data and consumer research to inform the establishment of key objectives, Talent audiences and prioritization of our initiatives.
- Build operational processes in collaboration with key executives for effective cross-functional partnership.
- Able to travel for business as needed (approximately 20%), and work a flexible schedule as needed.
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years of experience in entertainment, brand management, talent and media relations or a similar field.
- 5+ years of team management experience
- Strong understanding of social and digital ecosystems as they relate to brand and talent value.
- You are a strong collaborator and clear written and verbal communicator who inspires your team and those around you to do their best work.
- Culturally informed, have your finger on the pulse when it comes to talent and culture, and quickly identify new trends and areas of opportunity.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Be willing to roll-up your sleeves when necessary, we are still a startup after all.
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.