At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from almost anywhere. We’re a global fully distributed company.
💰Get all good stuff. Competitive salaries, Equity, Health insurance, Superannuation, and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next phenomenal tech company!
About the role:
As a Talent Lead, ANZ you will help acquire and onboard celebrities in many different verticals, including Actors, Athletes, Musicians, Creators, etc. You will work with Australian and New Zealand celebrities to enable them to connect with their fans, raise money for charity, and create an additional revenue stream for themselves. Your extensive experience in the celebrity/talent/sport or fast-moving consumer internet industries will be critical to success in this role.
In this role, you will strategically acquire talent to join Cameo through relationships you create, partnerships you build, and direct outreach. Cameo is a magical place for talent and fans, and you will educate talent on the value proposition of joining Cameo and provide a world-class experience from onboarding to launching their page. You must have tremendous Talent IQ and ability to identify who will be the best talent for Cameo in Australia and New Zealand.
What you’ll be doing:
- Make a significant impact on our talent acquisition efforts, acquiring sought after ANZ talent from a variety of verticals (Actors, Athletes, Musicians, Creators, etc.) and onboarding them onto the Cameo platform.
- Provide input and lead where appropriate - all things related to growing the ANZ market. (We’ve only just gotten started).
- Access your network, without fear of being told ‘no’, and using our current sales processes to go outside of your network.
- Collaborate with your peers to help them get major wins across the finish line.
- Use Salesforce extensively to stay organized.
- Make an immediate impact in partnering with agents, managers, and publicists in order to onboard their clients. You will need to execute multiple strategic partnerships with talent aggregators for charity and show launches.
- Leverage referrals as a valuable and scalable resource to acquire more talent.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of deep experience in the Talent and/or Entertainment industry (agency, management, studio, etc); strong knowledge of the ANZ market is a must.
- Bachelor degree or higher/equivalent
- Experience identifying emerging talent and developing lead lists.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Exemplify all of our core values, most importantly, “Run Through Walls” and “Roll Out the Red Carpet”.
- You bring humility and compassion to work every day.
- You are receptive to feedback, coaching, strategic realignment when necessary, and lead with no ego.
- Ability to adapt to a culture of an ever-growing rocketship company that embraces and commits to change.
- You make work fun by “turning up” with a sense of humor and positive work ethic.
- You will “think like an owner”
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.