At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite comedians, actors, athletes, and more.... not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious, and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from anywhere. We’re a global company with an entirely distributed team… so as long as you’ve got WiFi, let’s connect.
💰Get all good stuff. Health insurance, 401(K), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next outstanding tech company!
About the role
Cameo is seeking an exceptionally talented Creative Director to lead and grow our creative team. Reporting to the SVP of Marketing, this role will guide the elevation of our creative strategy to build a brand that inspires globally. You will represent both the Cameo culture and creative standards to all levels and disciplines within the Marketing department and company wide.
The ideal candidate for this role is a designer by heart and by trade. This person is a master of all forms and mediums, and is equally excited to build a display ad as a city out of home campaign. You are passionate about the work that you do and bring a strong creative point of view to every project you touch. You are deeply invested in understanding the impact your work has on our audiences and strive to deliver against Cameo business objectives. You are a strong collaborator and clear communicator who inspires your team and those around you to do their best work. This is an outstanding opportunity for a hands-on, innovative leader excited to build and evolve the creative vision of a rapidly growing business.
What you’ll do
- Guide the development and evolution of our brand and creative strategy as Cameo evolves as a company and product
- Mature our design operations to prioritize requests against business goals, scale the team through improved systems and processes, and streamline how we work on creative projects across the organization
- Close partnership with the Product organization to develop and maintain creative consistency across every department and customer touchpoints for a “one-thought” experience
- Design a cohesive system of internal and external guides and reusable templates to fuel our marketing and broader cross-functional creative needs
- Partner with the broader marketing team to build out performance-driven campaigns, uplevel product launches and deliver one-of-a-kind brand experiences
- Coach and mentor a team of writers and designers to deliver their best creative work and foster their growth
- Manage budgeting and identify new functions to scale the team across in-house or partner contractors and agencies
- Foster an open culture of design critique and feedback across Marketing and the broader organization
- Inspire innovation and big creative ideas throughout the company
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years of expertise in creative and production management, with 4+ years client side
- 5+ years of team management experience
- Passionate about branding, storytelling, and producing engaging content and campaigns
- Expert knowledge of creative engagement processes (ie, working with creative briefs, setting realistic turnaround times for creative projects, developing and maintaining standards for brand and communication)
- Experience building out in-house design operations and partnerships with external agencies/contractors
- Deep understanding of brand, visual design, writing and user experience to design inspiring and intuitive experiences
- Experience delivering brand and performance focused marketing campaigns
- Strong verbal and written communicator and collaborator; experience working cross functionally and with executives
- Experience refreshing or evolving an existing brand identity
- Be willing to roll-up your sleeves when necessary, we are still a startup after all!
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.