At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from almost anywhere. We’re a global fully distributed company.
💰Get all good stuff. Competitive salaries, Equity, Health insurance, 401(K), and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profile
About the role:
You will be helping us improve & scale the platform that connects fans and talent to create the perfect video shoutout. In particular, you will help us make sure we can support our growing fan base securely and performantly.
As our DevOps Engineer, you will be working across multiple technologies, primarily supporting our backend API (node.js + express), database (mongoDB), and infrastructure (AWS + Kubernetes/EKS + Redis + ElasticSearch + Kafka/Streaming).
What you’ll be doing:
- As part of the Cameo Platform team continuously design, build, maintain and monitor the core infrastructure used by Cameo’s engineering teams
- You’ll take part in the planning process for the growth of Cameo’s infrastructure
- Become well versed with Cameo’s tech stack allowing you to debug production issues at all levels of the stack
- You will help drive a DevOps mindset and culture across the engineering organization
- You will collaborate with other teams like sales, marketing and data to make the talent experience fun and engaging, and help us deliver that perfect Cameo.
A few things about yourself:
- You take pride in your work
- You are a self leader
- You have a strong product sense
- You are a doer who is comfortable with ambiguity
- 3+ years building + scaling web applications and infrastructure
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring and/or observability
Things we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Kubernetes (EKS)
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins Declarative Pipelines) for both web and mobile applications
- Experience building and supporting a docker based local development environment
- Experience with Kafka
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (Mongo)
- Familiarity with Redis & Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with NodeJS
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.