Head of Marketing Analytics
At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite comedians, actors, athletes, and more.... not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious, open minded, and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from anywhere. We’re a global company with an entirely distributed team… so as long as you’ve got WiFi, let’s connect.
💰Get all good stuff. Health insurance, 401(K), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next outstanding tech company!
About the role:
We are building out our Marketing Analytics presence and are seeking a strong Analytics & Strategy Leader to build out this capability for our business.
In this role, you will be responsible to develop measurement tools and frameworks to enable crucial insights, and help shape our marketing strategy. Some key marketing challenges we are currently focused on are cross-platform attribution, measurement of marketing impact, experimentation and incrementality testing, while setting up a data backbone to support our long-term marketing vision. These are critical to scaling our business, so we want to better understand the role that marketing can play, and levers we can deterministically pull to drive growth. You will constantly assess and optimize our measurement frameworks to continuously improve our grasp of the business dynamics.
In this role, you will report to the VP, Operations, Strategy and Analytics and work closely with SVP of Marketing and her leadership team. You will work closely with the other functional leaders in the business to build best-in-class processes to strengthen the foundation of the business while preparing for continuous growth. You will also work closely with your counterparts in other functions to make sure that we connect the dots across the business. You will balance a consultative approach with passion for details that will make you a trusted analytics & strategy leader, a valued thought partner to the Marketing leadership team, and a strong partner to the entire organization.
This is a highly visible role that is the core of enabling marketing innovation and technology. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, willingness to roll-up their sleeves and get into the data, as well as interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and drive forward recommendations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a thought partner to the SVP of Marketing on Cameo’s Marketing plan and execution, focusing on building best-in-class frameworks to measure our marketing impact, up-level our understanding of the users and how they interact with our products, and help deliver impact and growth for the business
- Partner with the Marketing Leaders to understand key initiatives and strategies across Performance Marketing, Web/SEO/Social, Brand Marketing and Integrated Marketing campaigns; Proactively define measurement of impact; Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Partner with the Data and Engineering teams to build out our core marketing measurement / tools, and to develop dashboards for consumption by executive teams and cross-functional leaders
- Drive acquisition and engagement of Fans and Talent in a two-sided platform; Lead creation and delivery of data-driven insights through ad-hoc analyses and presentations
- Own the design, execution, and analysis of experiments to enable data-informed decision making; Build segmentation and target audience for various campaigns
- Work cross-functionally with various teams - Marketing, Product, Talent, Engineering, Legal; Engage with other functional leaders as well as other analytics teams, to ‘connect the dots’ across the business, and be a thought leader to contribute to Cameo’s overall strategy and growth
- Over time, build out this team; hire, manage and coach talented individuals to make this team a world-class marketing analytics powerhouse.
- Help build a culture of data-informed decision making across the business
What you bring to the table:
- Passion for Cameo, expertise in Marketing Analytics, and drive to build a world-class marketing analytics function
- 8+ years of experience in an analytically rigorous role, and 4+ years of marketing analytics experience, preferably with a strong foundation in statistics, and/or experimentation
- Strong understanding of the full range of online marketing channels, how they work, how they can be integrated, and how to evaluate them; Ability to derive strong insight and provide decision support for various channels - Search, Email, Display, Push Notifications, App
- Extensive experience using Marketing analytics systems and techniques (MMM, MTA, Funnel analytics, ROI Analyses) to drive actionable insights
- Willingness to “get your hands dirty” by digging into analytics; SQL & Spreadsheets is a must (Knowledge of Python / R is a bonus!)
- ‘What’s right for the business’ mindset, ‘hypothesis first’ approach to defining and solving problems; Experience identifying the key insights that a business needs to make great, fast decisions and designing the reports that deliver those insights
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as ability to influence the marketing and broader company agenda
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with various cross-functional stakeholder groups at various levels
- History of proven success (progressive career, promotions, etc), and ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Ability to adapt to a culture of an ever-growing rocketship company that embraces and commits to change.
- Humility and compassion; Sense of humor and a positive work ethic
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.