Cambridge Semantics is seeking a highly skilled software engineer to join our world class team pioneering semantic technologies at big data scale. You'll help plan and define major new initiatives and work with a team of talented engineers to help bring them to reality. This role will help build out our solutions for large-scale processing of data in distributed environments. As a rapidly growing startup, we are looking for candidates who are eager to assume ownership of product capabilities and help us grow our team as we continue to expand.
- You’ll be placed on software development projects from inception to launch, including making architectural decisions, considering effects on existing solutions, working with other developers, and keeping an eye on all the details
- You’ll bring new ideas to reality, managing hurdles along the way
- You’ll write high-quality, testable, maintainable, and well-documented code to take our product to the next level
- 5+ years working with Java in an enterprise environment
- Some experience with Hadoop, Apache Spark, MapReduce, or other distributed computing environments is a strong plus
- Semantic Web technologies (RDF, OWL, SPARQL) is a strong plus
- Experience creating detailed design documentation, development, unit testing, and maintenance of internally developed applications
- Self-disciplined with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Energetic and self-starting.